I Need My Partner Back

Jay took two days off work and when he came back, Voight put him on desk duty, as a punishment and to protect the unit. Those two days without Jay, Voight made Teresa partner up with Antonio. Teresa was concern at first that Antonio would start being too controlling, like he had been on some occasions before, but thankfully he wasn't and although it was different from working with Jay, Teresa liked working with Antonio.

In those two days Antonio taught and gave some tips for Teresa to work with C.I.'s, since she had no experience with that and soon enough would have to start working on it.

The day Jay got back, Teresa was already out with Kim when he got to the district. Kim went to meet with her C.I. In the car, Teresa listened to what Kim and her C.I. Sienna were saying. Sienna's time to give Kim something real to work with was ending, so as she was pressured to tell something, Sienna spoke abouther friend Isabel, who has a boyfriend that hits her and that she said killed someone.

Kim was not believing it, but Teresa, listening to the details of what Sienna was saying, like the body being dumped near a factory and Isabela calling the guy D, while visibly distressed, believed her.

Back in the car Kim says that she doesn't believe a word that Sienna said.

"I don't know, she seemed really upset."

"Yeah, she's a good actor." Kim brushes off.

"Maybe. But maybe we should look into it."

"No." Kim simply says.

"Does that mean you're not giving her more time?"

"You're not supposed to extend deals according to the books, so... This is my first C.I."

"Well, Antonio said that sometimes you need to ignore some minor details of the books. And, isn't this unit all about doing things not according to the books?"

"Look, Teresa, when you get your C.I. you'll see it."

"Yeah, you're right... I don't know anything about it. She did look really upset, though."

They both got back to the district. While Kim went to get some coffee, Teresa stopped at the front desk.

"Sergeant Platt!" She says with a smile. "I need a favor."

"And why are you asking me?"

"Because you command our troops around here and I need some on the move."

"Hmm. What do you need?"

"Anyone from patrol to check behind the Wyatt factory and see if there's anything strange there."

Platt stared at her with a serious expression for a few seconds and then relaxed.

"I'll see who's the closest patrol to the factory."

"Thank you! And can you tell them to call me directly?"

"I will."

"Thanks!"

Teresa then goes upstairs, where most of the team was. She was surprised to finally see Jay there, since she didn't know how long Voight had told him to stay away, but it seemed like he just had two early days off.

"Hey." She says with a small smile as she reaches his desk. "I called you a couple of times." Teresa affirms and Jay just nods. "So, do I get to have my partner back, or—?"

"I'm on desk duty until further notice."

"Oh, right..."

"Yeah. It sucks, but hopefully it won't be for that long."