Detective Logan, Thank You For Coming

"I look terrible." Teresa says as she gets in Severide's car.

"Nah, you look like a detective who just saved lives."

"I probably smell terrible, too."

"I can only smell that perfume you always wear."

"I hope we're not going anywhere fancy, Kelly. Because I would not be allowed in."

"Nope. We're going to eat some burgers. After our last dinner I don't have enough money for anything else."

"So, it's a cheap date?" Teresa asks raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah." He replies, unsure that it would bother her since she never really cared about what they were doing or where they were going before.

"Great, because I'll be the one buying."

"What?"

"Well, we agreed before. One date I buy, another date you buy. So, this one is on me."

"No fair! I always end up paying more." Severide jokes.

"Although our jobs are incomparable, I am a woman. I receive less salary. Therefore, I should pay less."

"Fine, whatever. Next dinner I'll cook."

"Do you take requests?"

"No, you already get the best deal. I'll cook whatever I want."

Severide parks in a parking lot in front of the diner they were headed. They sat down in a table at the corner and ordered burgers.

"So, do you think Sylvie is at Molly's?"

"I don't know, maybe. Why?"

"I was thinking... maybe I should apologize. For how cold I've been since Toby died."

"I told you, you weren't cold. But I do agree and think you should talk. You liked her when she was hanging out with your brother."

"I did..."

"Talk to her. But not tonight. Tonight is our night."

Their burgers got to the table and Teresa's was the biggest, since she asked for every condiment she liked.

"Isn't that too much?" Severide asks amused.

"I haven't eaten properly in two days. I need this." She takes a bite. "By the way, I talked to Voight about getting to the police academy. He thinks we could make it work, between getting a few classes and training and Intelligence. I won't have much free time if he gets me a deal with the academy."

"Serious?"

"Yeah. Off days I'll be at the academy. Some early mornings or late afternoons as well. Nothing is decided yet, but..."

"If that's what you want, I think it's great."

"It'll be hard, but I really want my blues. I'll probably also have to take a couple weeks off work to fully dedicate to the academy."

"You'll make it."

"But I'll only have time to sleep outside of Intelligence and the academy."

"Okay..." Severide raises his eyebrows. "Is there something you want to tell me?"

"I just want you to..." Teresa looks up and purses her lips, trying to find the right words, "... do whatever you want to do."

Severide chuckles. "Whatever?"

"Whatever." Teresa assures.

"Are you trying to break-up with me?"

"Break-up? Huh... I wasn't sure we were anywhere that would necessarily need a 'break up'." She stutters.