Part Eight

I follow Marne's directions all the way to Cafe de Hip. I pull into a parking space and jump out of the car quickly. Being so close to her for a long period of time and not doing what I want isn't sane. We all walk into the semi crowded room as a whiff of coffee hits my nose.

"Three croissant sandwhiches, two coffees and a hot chocolate." Marne orders for us.

"Who's the hot chocoloate for?" I ask.

"Me. Coffee sets me off so she stick with hot cocoa to seem mature." Marne shrugs.

I can't help the chuckle that escapes. A bell chimes signaling another patron has entered. My nerves sting me. I frown at the sensation. I only get that senation when-

"I'd like a capacino and a blueberry muffin please." The voice wraps itself around my throat, suffocating me until I realize why I'm so on edge.

I freeze. How did she find me this time? I shake my head at my ignorance. She found me as I find Andria. She knows that I'll stop at nothing to receive my stolen good. I didn't think I'd run into her for another few centuries. Why would she be looking for me? The memory of my last encounter with her is still fresh in my mind. I turn to my creator. Her smile creeps onto her face as serpent would after it's cornered you. She looks at me with defiance. Her dark as black blue eyes glance at me and then Andria. A growl runs up my throat. Her mocking eyes looks back at me as if I just confirmed something for her. She flips her raven hair over shoulder.

"Hello, Matthew." Her seductive words almost capture me, but Marne's innocence steals my attention with her failed attempt of a whisper.

"Who is she?"

Andria shrugs and glares at the woman before me.

"Hello, Jezebel." I whisper in acknowledgement.

I hate that she makes me feel insubordinate.

"Funny to see you here."

I don't respond. Marne clears her throat loudly.

"This is Marne and Alexandria." I point to the girls that seem to huddle closer around me since Jezebel arrived.

"Hello, girls. My name is Jezebel."

My body grows tense with every passing moment. Maybe she doesn't know this is Andria. Maybe she thinks I'm protective over the girls because they're my next victims. The cashier calls for us to collect our order.

"How about I catch up with you in a bit." I tell the girls gruffly.

"We'll find a table." Marne drags Andria away.

I relax slightly. A couple of tables isn't real protection, but any distantance between the women is comforting. Jez can have me starting all over just in spite.

"You're becoming soft, like some kind of domestic animal." Jezebel scoffs.

I glare back at her. "Why are you here?"

"Maybe I've missed you, Matty." She moves closer, running her fingers slowly up and down my chest.

I can feel the magnetic pull coming from her touch.

"Why are you really here?" I growl.

She rolls her eyes and grabs her order. "I really do miss you. You really should keep in touch." She walks over to a table on the opposite side of the room from Marne and Andria.

I follow. "I think we both know why I don't." I take a seat next to her.

"I really wish you would. Remember all the good times we had?" She leans in closer and grips my forearm.