1. Art Of Letting Go.

Chapter-1

A boy lifelessly lying on the bed as his eyes fixed  on the dull ceiling which seems to have faded to a different color of white in his eyes.

The smell of hospital sanitizer brings back old memories from the last time he visited his mother. Now that he counts back it seems like a year has passed and after going in circles ,

Everything seemed to have changed but all remains the same for him. He seems to be lonely like he was 1 year ago but then a stranger walked up to him and told him he was his father.

He is immersed deep in his thoughts when a voice knocks him out of his trans state.

The same stranger was sitting in front of him again. Even after one year has passed, this person still couldn’t become his father.

‘I guess it was never meant to be..’ this thought filled his mind.

“Beam..I”  there was a trace of remorse in the stranger’s eyes.

Beam huffed for a second. He knew why this person was here.He didn’t have the strength to hear it.

“Save it..” he whispered emotionlessly.

With his trembling hand he picked up a paper and pen from the side table and tried writing to the best of his capabilities..He winced as he tried to move his wrist. 

He sighed again.

“ You can write whatever you want, I will just sign it.” He looked straight in the stranger's eyes.

“ Beam..your brother doesn’t mean this to happen..He just wanted to scare you..Those men did all this on their own..He never meant this to happen..” there was guilt in his father's voice.

“Hmmm..”  Beam just nodded.

“He cried so much when you were brought to the hospital. He fainted after crying. He is waiting outside.He wants to apologize.” 

Beam just nodded again.

“You know I woke up 3 hours ago..I heard you and your wife...I am ready to give you what you guys want. I know you are carrying those papers in which it is clearly stated that you son has nothing to do with those thugs beating me. Let’s just cut the chase and let me sign them.I thought firstly that I would write it myself so you could at least make eye contact with me but as you can see I can’t so…”  as lightly waved his broken hand in front of his father.

A woman in her early forties entered the room with a sorrowful expression.

His father's attention diverted to his wife.

“ Beam he is really sorry..Tul never meant this to happen...Could you please just forgive him.”

Now the commotion was attracting attention from the adjacent room. Beam could observe people peeping and listening to what  drama was happening there.

Beam had eye contact with passing people who were looking at them with disdain.

Seems like the woman has observed it too.

She went on her knees “ Beam please don’t press charges against Tul..I beg you..he is just a child.” 

People passing by looking at Beam with judgemental eyes and then looking at the pitiful woman.

‘Seems like till the end it’s my fault..’ Beam eyes just couldn’t see past the judgemental eyes.

Few minutes later the police entered the room.