1.

- [ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑. ] -

Patting his messy hair down, the green-cloaked man left his horse to rest in the clearing, knowing his loyal companion would stay there until he came back from his investigation of the castle. He's done this before; leaving his horse to rest in a certain place, and when he came back, Jasper was always there waiting for him, so he didn't have any worries revolving his horse's wandering.

He had more important worries to confront, especially the metal gate that stopped him from entering, sealing off the entrance to the giant, mossy bridge. The gate was tall and frail, bent slightly due to previous storms and natural havoc that would occur in these snowy, dangerous mountains. Dream was sure he could simply knock it down with a strike of his diamond sword, which was strapped to his back, but to disturb the peace surrounding him seemed wrong in thought.

He'd just have to climb it, which he didn't mind. He was best known for his parkour, anyway, so his steps were quick and precise, hopping bar to bar and swinging himself over the top of the gate, which just barely scraped against his back.

With a frown, he dusted himself off, coughing as the dust particles on the ground rose and got into his nose, tinted with a bit of ice. " Eugh, god- " He mumbled to himself, despising the dusty taste of the air. It was clear to him that there hasn't been a visitor, or even a soul, inside these castle walls in a very long time.

It made sense. No one wanted to go into the solo brauner's domain, where the pig-masked prince lied in silence. Only mercenaries and knights dared to go into the castle, at the beginning..

but they all learned their lesson, especially their families, who never saw them return from the castle's looming clutches. Dream had never minded the stories told by the villagers about the beast inside of the ruins, strapping his diamond sword to his back and having set off on his stallion.

But now that he was here, the tremors running down his spine didn't portray the usual dream attitude. Strong and balanced, monotone in every situation and simply striking his foe down and letting the blood splatter onto his smiley mask. He wasn't very clean when it came to the blood, all he cared about was the justice these criminals were struck down with, his blade.

It was satisfying, is all, and he wasn't shy to admit it out loud. George and Sap knew how he was, prideful- but with the skills to back his ego up. 

But here?

Something was off about this place. It scared the shit out of him, but he still strutted forward, dropping his head down slightly instead of his often dominate posture. The way the breeze nipped at his skin and brought tingles to his flesh didn't seem very pleasant anymore, with this added context of the castle looming over him and casting shadows just beyond the gate, which only got further and further away.

Even with his gut clenching and knotting up, the knight continued to the entrance of the castle, walking up the long drawn-over bridge, only the sound of his boots meeting brick filling the mountain's empty air.

Stopping at the grand door, creaking due to the increased air force up so high, the man gave it a hesitant push, and he was greeted by an empty palace area, stairs leading up to the second level-- probably only a fraction of many other levels. Blood red carpet hugged the dirty, cracked marble floor, and he could only assume it was the prince's doing. It was no secret that the prince was taller, more muscular than most other people in this world, a sight to behold;

or, so he was told by some of the female villagers. It was confusing, how could they thirst for someone so evil?

It was just another mystery, like how they clung to him as well. 

Taking a few steps into the castle itself, he frowned at the sheer cold. It wasn't any warmer than the outside, it was.. almost colder. Was the prince fonder of the cold?

Just as he was thinking, there was another pair of footsteps ascending down the stair well, and he brought out his diamond sword. 

his eyes immediately locked onto ruby red.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hey there, buds.

crave here, and welcome to the end notes <3.

thanks for the attention on this book so far, I didn't expect so much support this fast. The internet just keeps on surprising me.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow, I've got a longer chapter in store.