3.

____________________________________________________________

Droplets of water met the cracked brick floor, echoing through the dimly lit dungeon like a lost whisper. The harsh, mossy ground against his back made him scowl sluggishly, his body arching up, and eventually, he had gotten into a sitting position.

As he opened his eyes, he looked at his surroundings, noting to himself that-- last night wasn't a nightmare. He had actually went for Technoblade, a man known for his terrifying skill in combat.

He let out a sigh and stood up from his seated position on the ground, stretching his arms over his head idly. He could feel the comforting weight of his mask on his face lift up slightly. At least the man hadn't taken off his mask.. 

Dream looked down at himself, and continued the thought. Technoblade hadn't taken off a single piece of clothing. The only item that had disappeared was his sword, judging by the lack of heavy diamond strung to his back. He wondered if he could escape and find it. It was as much of a friend as his mask was, without it, he felt weak, vulnerable.

The persona he's created with his mask and sword, he could feel strong and face off anyone he wanted.

It was gonna be a real challenge getting himself out of this situation, and he knew that. But, Dream never gave up on a challenge. If he did, then he would've given up years ago when he first started his knighthood.

Rejuvenated due to his conclusion inside of his thoughts, he walked towards the bars that kept him from roaming the large halls of this dungeon. The bars themselves were thick and rusted, and when he grabbed onto them, he could feel tiny pricks stabbing into his palms, from the rusting metal. He supposed he couldn't pull at them, then. 

Dream wasn't known for his physical strength, though, so it didn't squash his spirit whatsoever. He'd have to find a different way out of here, he supposed, backing off from the bars and into the center of the room. 

Just as he was planning an escape inside of his mind, he was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard a door creak open.

Bringing his attention to the iron bars, he stepped back further, frowning behind the mask as his eyes stilled on that area. He couldn't help but hope that it wasn't Technoblade, but he knew that he couldn't just pray. He wasn't lucky like that.

But, instead of seeing the same, pink hair and crown, he saw a brown haired, innocent eyed boy, walking towards the bars, and giving an awkward wave, then looking off to the side.

" Uhm, hel-- " The strange boy spoke, before cutting himself off as he took a double take, looking back up at the knight with a stutter. 

" W-Wait-- " The boy rubbed his eyes, and Dream cringed. Was he actually recognized? here, of all places, he'd find a fan? " You're-- You're Dream! " The boy squeaked, backing away from the bars with a shocked expression, like he couldn't believe that the knight was really here, trapped inside a cell. The boy would be seeing Dream at his lowest.