2.

Looking the other up and down, what struck him first was the pink, unkept hair that went down to the male's shoulders, padded with snow white fur that turned to a majestic red down the other's back to gather at his feet.

Dream knew that this was the man everybody had been talking about back in the village, the one who murdered his own family that long ago. 

In person, he was a lot more terrifying than told in those stories. Muscular and tall, the prince must've been above six foot in height.

Steadying his sword, he got into a fighting stance, tensing his muscles and frowning. 

" Technoblade. I am here to claim the price on your head. " He announced loudly, his voice firm and confident. While he was noticeably shorter than the prince, he hoped he could rely on his speed and aim here, since he had no chance overpowering the beast-ly looking male.

It wasn't that he was afraid, rather, he was very hesitant. To see someone of Techno's bulk and height was one thing, but that intense ruby red gaze sent shivers down his spine. It was like the man's eyes were glowing in the dimly lit castle, and to have those orbs set on him and him alone wasn't very comforting.

He didn't blame himself. Who wouldn't be hesitant of this beast, with his huge form and well-kept, white tusks protruding from the sides of his mouth, Dream felt very under prepared.

The man in question simply frowned, before he scoffed and crossed his arms. 

" Fool. You'll have to train for another hundred years if you wish to claim my head. " Spoke the deep-toned man, staring down at Dream like he was worthless dirt, and Dream's stomach did a strange flip.

Composing himself, he scowled back, lifting his sword slightly. " Another hundred years? you underestimate me. " He scoffed in a petty manner, but his knees weren't as strong as usual, in the presence of the prince.

The prince looked bored and tired, his glowing, red eyes staring the knight down intensively-- there was something in that man's eyes that interested Dream, but he couldn't figure out what it was. Maybe an emotion, but it didn't look hostile.

" I suppose we'll just have to see. " The prince readied his diamond blade, pointing it at Dream, who stood before the grand staircase. " Come forth, and show me you are worthy of my head. " The prince bellowed, narrowing his eyes. 

Dream was having second thoughts about this, but he knew that there was no chance of backing out from this, if the rumors about the prince's skills were true.

Then the prince struck forward, jumping in the air and then positioning the tip of his sword down. 

Dream narrowly dodged, the end of his cape catching the tip of the blade and a quiet riiiippp sounded through the hall. Swinging his sword over, he frowned in concentration. The prince wasn't as fast as Dream, he was heavier hitting, and the precision of his sword was admirable. He could only hope that he would be able to rely on his quick wits and speed here.

Jumping back, his eyes were trained on the other man in the hall, his sword readied in front of him as he awaited another strike.

When the prince struck forwards, he kicked a pillar, which had been right by him, down and had it fall onto Techno. 

The beastly prince put up an arm and shielded his body with it, and Dream saw him flinch in pain. 

While the prince was dealing with the pillar currently leaning on his huge arm, Dream struck forward with his sword, and he heard a sharp, metallic screech.

He was pressing his sword into the other's chest, but it didn't budge. There had to be something metal underneath the white shirt, and he turned his sword sharply to tear the shirt, revealing a metallic plate. " What?!-- " He yelled, his eyes widening under the mask. Had the prince expected his arrival, somehow?

The prince smirked, threw the pillar off of himself, and then-- Dream froze. 

With a gulp, he stood very, very still, as the beast's sword pressed against his throat, just enough to apply uncomfortable pressure, but just light enough that there was no pain. The beast was showing Dream just how easily his life could end, if he truly wanted it to.

The only sounds that could be heard inside the grand hall were their breathing, mingling together as the pillar let out uncomfortable, creaking noises while it fell apart on the floor, shattered pieces at their feet. 

Techno looked Dream up and down for a moment, and the knight  shuddered, tightening his grip on his sword and thinking of a plan inside of his mind. What could he do here? if he jerked a muscle, it was a possibility that the other would dig the tip of his sword into Dream's throat.

Dream didn't plan on dying any time soon, especially here, where nobody he cared about would ever find his body. In the span of a second, he swiftly knocked the other down onto the floor with his feet, his breathing shaking as he turned the tables, and put the tip of his sword to the prince's jugular while he laid on the floor.

The beast looked up at him in surprise for a few moments, the silence between them deafening. Then, he smiled, and let out a chuckle. " You're not half bad, are you? " Said the deep-voiced prince, relaxing his muscles underneath Dream.

The knight frowned softly, confused at the man's reaction to the change of position. What was he trying to accomplish by trying to act calm like this? Was it an act of bluff?

Dream found himself despising this prince, with his condescending smile and intense gaze.

" Your reign of terror is over, beast. Succumb to my blade. " He scowled, pressing the blade just an inch closer, threatening to tear skin. 

The prince, in response, grabbed onto the blade with a naked hand, a fountain of blood slithering down his calloused palm. And, without falter, he used his brute strength to push the sword to the side, letting it scrape his upper bicep.

" You shouldn't of hesitated. " 

He felt an intense throbbing sensation in his head, and everything went black.

_________________

A/N

god im sorry for taking so long with this chapter, lol. I've been pretty sick lately, but that's no excuse, I know.

The next chapter will be 1k words as well!!