I want to learn more

A/N: I know it's been a while since I've updated this book with actual one-shots and all I have to say is I'm sorry I've been so busy getting into other new fandoms while this one has personally been kind of quiet for me. But I was in the mood to write about the Winter Soldier today so I hope you enjoy. I encourage you to check out my other books If you enjoy my writing I promise I update them more often than this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The glint of silver shone brightly through the midnight gloom, the raindrops pattering down onto the metal slowly trailing off and dripping onto the hard concrete beneath him. His gun was placed by his side, his hand hovering over it in case they shot first. The mask adorning his face studied his target walking around their apartment, a content look on their face as they sat comfortably on the couch a warm drink encased in their hands. He could see the steam radiating off of the liquid, he could faintly hear the smooth tunes floating around the apartment and escaping through a small open window.

He sat perched on the ledge of the roof patiently waiting for his orders, some may question why he does what he does and all he can do is simply stare blankly at them. Sometimes he does wonder about the times before this, his memory fuzzy before his life as an assassin. However, he often discouraged the thought of thinking, well thinking of anything that was the mission at hand. He never thought about friends, family, having fun, finding love. He was a weapon as far as he knew, he was correcting history; making the world a better place.

He saw movement coming from the target's room, quickly making his move he lept from the rooftop and silently made his way into the apartment through the open window. His footfalls were nonexistent as he gradually made his way towards the living room, however, he didn't plan on the target returning so soon and in the panic of the moment, he swiftly made his way into the bedroom. He observed his new surroundings taking in everything he could figure out about his target.

He wasn't told much in the missions briefing, just that the target saw something they shouldn't have and needed to be taken out in fear they would tell the authorities or worse the Avengers. He was doing the right thing, he was protecting those he worked for, protecting the world from something horrible, right?

But as his eyes trailed around the room he noticed all the small toy animals with roses or hearts, the fairy lights around the bed frames and ceiling, the cacti littering the windowsill. He moved around the room the plush carpet cushioning his military boots, lowering his gun he stared at all the pictures adorning the Chester draws. Pictures of what he assumed were the targets friends and family, they were all laughing seemingly having a good time. They don't seem like they would be a danger to the world he thought.

The sound of footsteps awoke him from his distracted state, he braced himself against the wall next to the door using the cover of night as a blanket. Gentle humming flowed into the room along with the sweet smell of cinnamon. In one quick motion, the shadow at the door was dragged into the abyss of night, the glistening of metal was pushed up to their neck. A whimper escaped their lips as their eyes widened at the sight before them, he studied their facial features. The glimmer in their (E/C) eyes, the rosiness of their cheeks as their hurried breaths slowly began to fog up his goggles with their close proximity. He could see that familiar emotion in their eyes, one he was well acquainted with: fear.

"You know me?" His rough voiced barked out, their frame trembled as their (E/C) eyes quickly darted to the red star branded on his arm. You managed to nod your head, his grip on your neck tightening, "Words." He growled out. You stuttered for a few seconds trying to form any words at all "Winter Soldier" you were able to mumble out. He pulled you further up the wall your feet no longer on the ground, his face was hovering over yours your reflection staring back at you.