Chapter 9 : The King is Falling in Love?

"How's your training going?" Yoongi asked as he stirred his earl grey tea.

After the incredibly ever so tedious meeting and unwanted stares from irritating Alpha's, they both decided to scratch going home and instead headed straight for their local cafe.

"Training's going really well. I memorized the practices and I passed all my tests, now all that's left is an opening for the medical unit on base."

"I'm sensing there's an if or but." Yoongi teased lightly.

Sticking his pink tongue at the older before glancing back at his cold coffee Jimin sadly spoke out, "Yeah Hoseok Hyung has never been on board with the idea of me working with other Alpha's."

"Have you-"

"Yes Yoongi, I've tried talking to them or more specifically Hoseok Hyung about it and it did not go well." Jimin chuckled bitterley. "Namjoon Hyung is still on the fence but he's not exactly 100% up for the idea of me working in the field.The training was good pay, great pay in fact and it was mainly because I was helping out with the rookies, but now I want to use my knowledge and skills out there you know. I'm not some frail Omega and I feel like they see me as a baby. Maybe they're just against the idea or something."

Yoongi placed his hands on top of Jimin's fidgeting ones, "First of all, you are still their baby." The older one argued. "And second, I don't think they're against the idea of you working but...More so the fact that you are working in a community where status is under appreciated or abused. I know- We all know how Omega's are really treated whether it be behind closed doors or in public, it's just the thought of you coming home hurt is the problem. It's what's fucking with your Alpha's head."

"So what do you suggest, ted talker." Jimin asked.

"Tell them that the unit where you're working is probably the safest unit out of the entire army." Yoongi shrugged quite nonchalantly.

Jimin's left eye twitched.

"Yah! Are you an idiot." Jimin all but shrieked. "You just said that I could possibly be abused in the medic bay!

"You snarky shit, I never said the medic bay was the one place that abused Omegas, I said it was probably the safest unit." Yoongi choked out.

Jimin was so close to ripping his hair out.

"Stop playing with me Yoongi, I mean it. I'll kill you.

"You're an Omega Jimin. Play coy."

"Yoongi!"

"No literally-"

"Kim Yoongi."

"Jimin!" Yoongi screeched. "Think about it, work around your stubborn Alpha's heads. Play coy with them for God's sake, the medic bay is literally the safest place on base because it's their only space of health and wellness. Why would Alpha's come just to fuck around with nurses fully knowing they could shove morphine up their ass if they wanted too. It's the medics that have control there. Not some wheezing Alpha."

Now Jimin piped down with that. As he leaned back in his seat and stretched out his legs, Jimin replayed Yoongi's words in his head. Technically what the older was saying was correct. As much it pained Alpha's to show common respect for Omega's, they wouldn't deliberately go knocking medical workers off their feet, so yeah technically Jimin would be safe based on his occupation.

He lifted up his coffee cup in front of Yoongi's teacup, warmth and excitement building up in his chest, "I expected no better, well put together and such wise words from the future Queen himself. Thank you."