Part II: Freunde

Your friends snickered quietly, noticing the blush forming on your cheeks, when Dieter called for you from the door of your classroom. You looked back at them, flashing a small motion to signal a silent "cut it out," and you hoped Dieter wouldn't understand why his asking for you made all of your friends giggle.

After that, however, you wasted no second getting over to the door, leaving your desk a mess and chair crooked. "Hey, Dieter," you smiled at him, reflecting the happiness he had on his face back to him. There was something different about him today — a buzz that electrified his whole body into a state of excitement. You couldn't help the anticipation growing in your stomach, wanting to be as excited as him about whatever he was going say.

"Sorry for calling you in front of everyone," he was looking through the windows that showed the school's courtyard, trying to hide a small blush fading on his cheeks. A part of you died inside; he definitely knew what your friend's giggling meant. He continued, voice barely wavering, "but I wanted to invite you to a small party — or, a get together, — or to hang out with me and some friends; I honestly don't really know what to call it."

Dieter knew that you'd be more likely to accept an invitation to a hang out, rather than to a party. You tended to waver somewhere between introvert and extrovert, enjoying the company of your friends, but feeling drained by the overstimulation of parties. You were flattered to know that he remembered these things about you, as you did for him. A smile grew on your lips, "I mean, sure." You spoke cooly, but you were sure the happiness you felt from his invitation laced each word.

After a blush and a couple of parting words, you quickly made your way back into your classroom — ready to be playfully teased by your friends about your invitation and audibly fluttering heart. As you sat down and class started, the rhythmic sound of your racing pulse drowned out the monotonous lecture. This internal drumming, the excited shaking of your leg, and Dieter's face were all you could think of as the length of school time went on.

And, before you knew it, you were home. Laying with your head on your pillow, you were already anxious with anticipation about a "hang out" you knew nothing of. Who would be there? What would you wear? Where would it be? Why did he choose to suddenly invite you?

Your thoughts were paused by a ding and you flipped over to check your phone faster than humanly possible.

________________________________
To: Y/N
From: Dieter
The party thing will be at my house on Saturday. Don't worry about bringing anything. My friend was going to bring drinks; is that cool with you? I can tell him not to, if that would make you uncomfortable.
________________________________
To: Dieter
From: Y/N
Sounds fun. I'll be there. Save a drink for me. (:
________________________________

You pressed send and tossed your phone at the foot of your bed, pressing your face into your pillow. You thought about your choice to use the smiley face. You screamed into your pillow until you heard your phone ring again.

________________________________
To: Y/N
From: Dieter
Awesome!! and always. (:
________________________________

You screamed into your pillow one last time, before spending the rest of the night failing at trying to fall asleep.