1

Lawrence, Kansas
22 years ago

It was November 2nd, 1983. A normal family was getting their children ready for bed. The woman, Mary Winchester, was wearing a white nightgown, carrying a small child. This child looked no older than four.

"Come on, Dean, say good night to your brother and sister." Mary says.

Mary turns on the lights into the nursery of the two infants. The two cribs were relatively close. Mary and Dean head over to the cribs, looking over at them.

Mary sets Dean down at the one for the baby boy. He leans over and kisses the baby on the top of his forehead.

"'Night, Sammy." Dean says.

And then Mary moves Dean to the other crib where the baby girl was sleeping. Dean also leans down and kisses her on her forehead.

"'Night, Addie." Dean says.

Mary looks from Dean and then to her infant twins. She smiles as she looks at the sleeping babies. She brushed some hair back on Sam before kissing his forehead and then kisses Addison on the forehead.

"Hey, Dean." A male voice says.

Dean turns.

Standing there was a man in the doorway wearing a USMC-T shirt is John Winchester. He had a grin on his face as he watched his son rush over to him.

"Daddy-!" Dean exclaims.

John was engulfed by Dean.

"Hey, buddy." John says as he scoops him up, "So what do you think?"

John moves towards the cribs as he looks at baby Sam.

"You think Sammy's ready to toss around a football yet?" John asks.

Dean shakes his head giggling, "No, daddy." He says.

John laughs, "No?"

Mary couldn't help but smile at that. She loved seeing her husband be the father she knew he could be with their children.

However, she was exhausted spending all day with the kids and was ready for bed. So, Mary moves past him and Dean on her way out of the nursery.

"You got him?" Mary asks.

John nods at her, "I got him."

Mary smiles, "Good."

She heads out.

John hugs Dean a little closer as he turns to look at the twins.

"Sweet dreams, Addison." John looks at his daughter and then his son, "Sweet dreams, Sam."

John carries Dean out of the room, flipping off the lights.

Baby Sam watches them go and gurgles. The infant tries to reach his toes, but fails. Then the baseball themed mobile above Sam's crib begins to spin on its own while Sam watches his.

The transportation themed clock on the wall ticks, ticks, and then stops. The moon shaped nightlight flickers.

{SPN}

Lights flickering on the baby monitor sitting on a nightstand next to a photo of John and Mary. Strange noises come through the monitor.

Mary, asleep in bed, stirs.

She turns on the light on the nightstand.

"John?" She spoke out.

She turns and noticed her husband was not in bed with her. She was alone in bed. She decides to get up and figure out what is going on.