2

Addison opens the door of the apartment, leading her brothers out. As Addison and Dean were heading out, Sam was zipping up jeans and throws a hoodie on.

"I mean, come on. You can't just break in, middle of the night, and expect me to hit the road with you." Sam says to Dean.

Dean shakes his head as he walks, "You're not hearing me, Sammy. Dad's missing. We need your help to find him." He says.

Sam looks at Dean with frustration, "You remember the poltergeist in Amherst? Or the Devil's Gates in Clifton? He was missing then, too. He's always missing, and he's always fine." Sam says.

Addison looks at Dean as she stops. Dean stops in his track and turns around, Sam stops as well.

"Not for this long. Now are you gonna come with us or not?" Dean asks.

Sam shakes his head, "I'm not,"

Addison frowns, "Sam," She says.

Dean frowns, "Why not?" He asks.

"I swore I was done hunting," Sam looks at Addison, "For good."

"Come on. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't that bad." Dean says looking at Sam.

Sam and Addison held a long stare.

Dean starts down the stairs again, Sam walks past Addison and follows. Addison trails behind her brothers.

"Yeah?" Sam asks, "When I told dad I was scared of the thing in my closet, he gave me a .45."

Dean stops at the door to the outside. He turns and looks at his younger brother.

"Well, what was he supposed to do?" He asks.

"I was nine years old!" Sam yells, "He was supposed to say, don't be afraid of the dark."

"Don't be afraid of the dark? Are you kidding me?" Dean scoffs, "Of course you should be afraid of the dark. You know what's out there."

Sam frowns, "Yeah, I know, but still. The way we grew up, after mom was killed, and dad's obsession to find the thing that killed her-,"

Dean glanced outside.

Addison rubs her arm for comfort while looking down.

"But we still haven't found the damn thing, so we kill everything we can find." Sam says.

Dean looks back at his brother, "We save a lot of people doing it, too." He says.

There was a pause.

"You think mom would've wanted this for us?" Sam asks looking between his older brother and his twin sister.

Dean rolls his eyes and then slams the door open. There is a short flight of stairs from the door to the parking lot. Dean, Sam, and Addison climb it.

"The weapon training, and malting the silver into bullets? Man, Dean, we were raised like warriors." Sam says.

They cross the parking lot to the Impala. They stood by the trunk of the infamous vehicle.

"So what are you gonna do? You're just gonna live some normal, apple pie life? Is that it?" Dean asks.

"No, not normal." Sam says, "Safe."

Dean scoffs, "And that's why you ran away." He looks away.

Addison stepped in the middle, "Dean," She warns.

Sam shakes his head, "I was just going to college. It was dad who said if I was gonna go I should stay gone. And that's what I'm doing." He says.

Addison turns to look at Sam, "Dad's in real trouble right now. If he isn't dead already." Addison says.