Chapter 39

🐥 Jimin's POV 🐥

Jin hyung was already at the store when we arrived. "We sold five of the eight thousand won pendants yesterday." He said. Then he held up his clasped hands to Jungkook, pleading. "They'll let you make jewelry at the monastery, won't they? It'd bring in more money than cheese, or whatever they make in Japan."

"Um..." Jungkook looked at me for help.

I chuckled. "You'll get your pendants. He's going to help me put up the new fountains this morning. My back is bothering me a little because..."

Jungkook's face froze. "Jimin, I need to..." He pointed down an aisle. "I'll just..."

"You go do that." I pulled his face down and kissed him before he trotted off.

Jin hyung watched his departing figure a moment before turning back to me. "No more monastery?"

"He'd have a hard time keeping his vows."

"Did you say your back was bothering you?" He asked.

"Maybe a little."
He smirked. "Better lay off the gymnastic sex."

We went home for lunch, and I looked at the real estate listing I'd circled. Three out of the five potential property listings were with the same agency. I called Jin hyung and made sure I could take the afternoon off, then called the real-estate office and made an appointment.

After hanging up, I want to my workbench, where Jungkook was drawing something in my jewelry sketchbook. "We're seeing the realtor at three." I looked over his shoulder. A series of playful line-drawn rabbits tumbled across the page—leaping, grooming, yawning. "Did you do all this while I was on the phone?"

He shook his head. "I got the idea last night and worked on it some while you were asleep. I thought it might make a nice bracelet."

I shook my head at the inadequacy of his description. "Sweetheart, this is stunning. We're going to need a bigger venue for you than the Fairy Stone. A Web site, at the very least."

He pulled the pad back and shaded the toes on a curved paw. "So what are we doing before land hunting? I'd hate for you to faint with hunger in front of the realtor."

I edged into his lap. "You're right, that would be terrible. Do you have any thoughts on how we might raise some energy?"

He put his pencil down and picked me up. "Let me show you my notes on the subject. I left them on the bed."

After raising enough energy to light a small city, Jungkook and I strolled through the Busan Library's reference section in search of Saeron. We found her standing in front of one of the internet terminals, mouse in hand.

"What are you two doing here?" She asked.

I took in her weary posture and the circles under her eyes. "I wanted to know if anyone had seen Hyunbin. And I thought you might need a boost."

"There is no news on Hyunbin."

I waited, but it was clear she couldn't bring herself to ask for help. "Come on. Why don't we find a private place in the stacks so I can recharge you? Just so the trip isn't wasted."

"I'll hold your place at this terminal." Jungkook offered.

Saeron shrugged. "If you insist."

I led the way through the quiet, book-scented library, glancing down the aisles of metal shelves. On my left was a row of glass-in study rooms, but there were students inside each one. "Looks like they're all filled."

"This will do." Saeron stopped outside a room occupied by a young man who was obviously sleeping, his head resting on the table. She opened the door and walked over to him. "Out."

He gathered his belongings and departed, bleary-eyed.

"I've always wanted to do that." I said, grabbing a book at random and joining her.

She closed the door behind us. With the book open on the desk, I pulled the room's two chairs together and positioned Saeron in the one nearest door. "Look like you're reading." I said, taking a seat and linking arms with her."

As I meditated, I seemed to sense not only the energy coming up from the earth, but also the current leading to Saeron. When I finished, I opened my eyes and examined her. "It's gratifying to see you recover—like watching a plant perk up from watering."

Saeron ran a hand through her hair, which was shiny again. "I have never been compared to vegetation before." She started to rise.

I put a hand on her arm. "I want to tell you something."

"What?"

I hesitated. "If I see Hyunbin, I'm going to tell him that I won't bond with him, but that Jungkook doesn't need his land back."

Saeron's face hardened. "I see. So Jungkook is to become your mortal husband and the elf community is diminished yet again."

"That's not it at all." I said, my temper flaring. "I'm going to buy a piece of land and give it to Jungkook, so he won't have to be dependent on anyone again."

At the moment, it was worth taking out a whopping loan just to see the expression on Saeron's face.

"I'm astonished." She said finally.

"I can tell." I knew I was smirking, but I couldn't help it. "So you see, no one needs to lynch anyone else. With some diplomatic overtures from the elf community, maybe Hyunbin can be brought back into the fold and everyone can be happy."

"Perhaps. Assuming that's what he wants."

"I think it is. He seemed really lonely."
"Hmm." Saeron continued to stare at me.

"Well." I began to feel uncomfortable under her scrutiny. "I guess I'll let you get back to work." I stood and edged toward the door.

Saeron cleared her throat. "I didn't think humans could be like you."

I turned, one hand on the doorknob. "Is that a compliment?"

"I suppose. Although—"
I held up a hand. "Saeron?"
"Yes?"
"Don't spoil it."

She shifted restlessly. "Very well."

__________🐥❤🐰___________

A/N:

Double update!!!

Stay safe and enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and comments

Borahae 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜