Chapter 64

🐥 Jimin's POV 🐥

After a week of staying at George's house. We can finally go home.

When we reached the house, Kaspar ran out from beneath a bush, meowing frantically as I came up the walk. I scooped her up and whispered into her soft fur. "I know, baby, but hopefully it's all over now, and you and I can get back to normal."

The familiar smell of the house welcomed me. Taehyung went off to his room, and I sat down on the couch as if my legs would ni longer support me.

Jungkook sat next to me and took my hand. "I thought I might take you out to dinner."

I looked around at the familiar furnishings. "We fought with Hyunbin, in this very room. Remember?"

He kissed my temple gently, and I could hear the  worry in his voice as he said, "Let's make some new memories."

I turned my face and fell into his kiss, my body welcoming him without question even as my mind chattered with uncertainty. When he finally pulled away, I followed him, seeking his mouth.

That's more like the Jimin I know." He chuckled, kissing my nose. "Shall we go out to dinner?"

"I'm not hungry." I lied, feeling my hunger grow the longer he was with me. But I was tired of strangers and public places. "What if we got some food and drove up at Bloom Park? We could look at the stars."

"I'm not sure that's the best idea." He said carefully.

"Why?" The anger I had tamped down flashed to life. "Because it's not safe?" I pushed myself off the couch.

Jungkook wasn't to blame, but that didn't keep me from being mad as hell that our lives felt threatened and uncertain.

He remained seated, his expression wary. "We have to be cautious for a while. We don't have much of a choice."

"Don't we? Hyunbin said I could break my bond with you if I wanted it more than anything else. That would take at least one person off his to-do list. You." I could feel our bond at the moment, stretched taut and suddenly fragile between us, even as Jungkook's face paled with hurt.

"Jimin, don't." He stood and reached for me, but I stepped back. "Please. It won't solve anything."

"Saeron says that if Hyunbin is still alive, he'll try to kill you first. I couldn't stand that, Jungkook." I stumbled past him and knelt on the couch, crossing my arms on the back and hiding my face as I sobbed. "I couldn't." I felt his weight settle next to me. His hand touched my shoulder, tentatively, and I turned and pressed my face against his chest.

"Sweetheart." He wrapped his arms around me and  stroked my hair again and again. "I know it's hard. Don't you think I know?"

I could barely talk through my tears. "Then we should break our bond and you should go away. I'm just putting you in danger!"

Jungkook rocked me back and forth. "I don't care. I don't want to be without you, especially we are having our child. I don't think I can anymore."

After I had cried myself out, Jungkook fixed dinner for me and insisted that I eat it. "Saeron has been doing a lot of research on really old elf customs. She may have found some way of setting up a barrier to dark elves. I'll call her later to drop by." He said.

Saeron arrived around 8 in the evening. "How are you the two of you getting along?"

"We're fine." Jungkook said, before I could respond.

"I'm glad to hear it. Presumably neither of you would have any objections to getting married, then."

We both gaped at her. I recovered first. "What are you talking about?"

"Nuptials. Wedded bliss. The merging of two into one." Saeron's voice was matter-of-fact. "I understand it's so popular among your people that you sometimes do it two or three times, but I'm talking about something more permanent."

I waved a hand wildly. "How is marriage going to help anything?"

"I thinking know." Jungkook's face was grave. "You're talking about penansel, aren't you?"

Saeron nodded.

"Did you say pencil?"

__________🐥❤🐰___________