8

"Whats wrong?" Maple whispered, leaning over from her desk to talk to you. z

"Quiet." Came from the front of the class, professor Lupin peering over his book.

"Nothing." You whispered back.

"Sure?"

You nodded, turning back to your work, staring down at the blank page that you'd been looking at for the last half an hour, your quill sitting lazily on the desk beside it. Suddenly you felt something hit the back of your head, swivelling round to see what it was.

"Oi, you." You heard Malfoy whisper from the seat behind you, throwing another piece of paper at you.

You shrugged over-dramatically, death glaring him as you looked at his smug face.

"You're acting weird."

"Thanks." you went to turn back round and ignore him, instead getting hit by another scrunched up paper.

"What happened?" He said, his face looking extra punchable in that particular moment.

"Be quiet." Lupin repeated louder, peering over his book again as you pretended to do the work.

"Nothing. Fuck off." You said once Lupin went back to his book.

"Yeah, but-" Draco was interrupted by the piercing thud of a book being slammed on a table, and angry footsteps approaching the pair of you.

You looked up, to see Lupin standing in-between you and Draco desk, glancing between the two of you.

"Fancy sharing with the class?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

Hoping it was a rhetorical question you stayed quiet, as Draco did what he usually did and sounded like a brat.

"No." He said, crossing his arms.

"Well then," Lupin continued. "See me after class."

You laughed at Draco, pleased with the miserable expression on his face.

"You too." He said ad he walked back to his desk, going back to his book and resting his feet on the desktop.

Well, todays going great.

The class turned back to their work, abandoning staring at you as soon as they lost interest in your misery.

Draco huffed, throwing himself back in his seat as he rolled his eyes, doing his usual bratty act as he silently protested his punishment.

You spent the rest of the class staring at you blank piece of paper, letting your mind drift around as you distracted yourself with anything. As everyone filed out of the classroom, you and Draco stayed say down, awaiting your scolding form Professor Lupin as you kept your head down. When you three were the only ones left in the room, Lupin dropped a copy of "Magical Mushrooms and their Properties." onto your desk, along with a stack of paper and a paperclip.

"Copy pages 133-153." He said blankly, before collecting his briefcase and stopping by your desk on his way out. "You wont be able to leave until you have." He said, before waving his wand a the doors and leaving, the sound of the doors slamming together echoing through the room, fading into silence.

Well, fuck.

You sighed, flipping to page 133 and staring at the millions of billions of words crammed onto the page, turning the white background grey with how much was written. You dropped your head onto the desk, slamming it onto the annoyingly thick book.

"This is your fault." Draco sneered, getting up from his desk and standing next to yours, hovering above you.

"You're the one that started talking!" You snapped your head up, scowling at him as you crossed your arms.