15

"Well fuck me," Maple exclaimed as she walked with you down the hall, away from the charms classroom. "You actually did it!"

"You sound so surprised."

"Yeah, because you're shit at charms."

You turned to her, gasping in false offence. "How dare you!"

"Just being honest."

"Anyways," You said. "Moving past the fact that I just totally bossed that charms exam," Maple rolled her eyes at you. "I'm craving butterbeer."

"Hogsmeade?" she sung expectantly.

"Hogsmeade." You confirmed, walking with Maple to the Slytherin common room to drop your books off.

As soon as you walked in the common room a familiar voice rose in the air, almost enticing you in as you did your best to avoid its owner. You were nearly successful in this, until you heard you name called, and turned round to answer it.

"Yes, Malfoy?"

Draco stood up form the sofa where he was sitting, leaving his henchmen, Crabbe and Goyle, behind him as he approached you. You gave your books to Maple, asking her to drop them off in your room while you did your best to hold a conversation with the blond twat in front of you.

"So," He said, smirking as he crossed his arms, looking down on you through thick eyelashes. "How'd it go?"

"How'd what go?" You raised an eyebrow.

"The exam, dumbass."

"Oh, right." You said, a quiet pride emerging as you remembered the surprise on the professors face when you actually did the spell. "Yeah, I did it." You suppressed the smile that dared to show itself, attempting to keep the edgy, unbothered facade that you didn't have.

Malfoy smiled, looking you up and down briefly. "I'd love to say that I'm surprised, but you had an excellent teacher."

"Or i'm just an excellent student." You retorted, not wanting to give Malfoy any credit, despite it being his 'lesson' that ultimately helped you.

"Oi!" You heard Maple call as she bounded up to you, hooking her arm round yours and yanking you away from your conversation. "C'mon, I'm thirstyyyyyy."

"Alright, needy." You jested at her, earning back an exaggerated pout.

"And where are you being dragged?" Malfoy interjected.

"Hogsmeade."

"Well remember; stranger danger." Were your parting words, before you were dragged off down the corridor.

It was a relatively warm day, and it only took you around quarter of an hour to make your way to Hogsmeade, and about twice that to find a table in The Three Broomsticks. Eventually, you found yourself seated in the cosy sofa that was backed into a career at the back of the bar, your hands wrapped around a mug of Butterbeer as you listened to Maple gossip about the general population of the school, on e of her favourite hobbies. She was just reaching the subject of Professor McGonagal when your attention was snatched away from you, the group of boys walking in suddenly seeming far more interesting than whatever your friend was jittering on about.

Its was some of the Slytherin boys, waltzing in with all the confidence of a perfectly average white man. Draco, followed by his usual entourage of dumb and dumber, as well as a few other faces that you recognised from around the school. Half of the group broke off to order, the other half—lead by Draco—spotted you and Maple, and came over to annoy you.

"This seat taken?" Draco said, pointing to the space on the couch next to you.

"I have a feeling that you'll sit down no matter what I say." You said, as he sat down.