12

You were woken up by the harsh light of day slapping you across the face, making your eyes sting as you opened them. You could hear the dull hum of school life in the distance, a warm contrast to the silence you remembered falling asleep to. You raised a hand to your face, rubbing your eyes and yawning, looking up at the ceiling. You had slouched down in the night, and were now laying down on the bed, Dracos head resting on your shoulder as he wrapped his arm around you. You felt the warm brush of his breathing along your neck as he rested his head beneath your chin, his soft hair pressed against your skin. Looking around, you realised that your other hand was wrapped around him, your fingers lazily tangled in his hair.

You looked around the room for a clock—8:27am, about half an hour until classes actually started. The sound of the doors swinging open made you jump, and woke Draco, feeling him flinch as the nurse walked in, dumping a stack of papers on a table on the far side of the room, sorting through them.

Draco sat up slowly, rubbing his eyes and yawning. The sling wrapped around his arm was still there, and he was reminded of this when he tried to stretch, wincing back in pain. You sat up next to him, realising you were still in your quiddich uniform.

The nurse sauntered aver to where you were sat, holding a bottle of something. She looked at you, immediately frowning.

"You may go." She said expectantly, immediately shooing you away with her hands. "Go on, get to class!" She said as she ushered you out of the doors, not even letting you make eye contact with Malfoy, which you were slightly thankful for.

Still groggy with sleep, you made your way to the Slytherin dorms, getting to your bedroom and undressing out of your quiddich clothes, putting on your uniform.

"And where the hell have you been!?" Maple said as she appeared out of nowhere, throwing herself down on your bed as you straightened out your shirt.

"The nurses office." You replied, your voice scratchy and dull.

"Wait, why? Are you ok?"

"Yeah, just an accident at yesterdays game, is all." Technically, you weren't lying; you just decided to leave out the part that you weren't the one in the accident. "I'm fine now, though."

"Ok, well we have Divination in about twenty minutes, so hurry up—I don't wanna be late again."

you obeyed her, finishing getting dressed and straightening out your hair, tying it in a messy knot as you stared at yourself in the mirror. One coil of thick, black heir hung down by the side of your face, reminding you of who you were, or rather who you thought you were. Images of the letter that you read in Dumbledores office echoed through your head, sending a spike of pain through your chest. You ignored it, pushing the feeling down and replacing it with thoughts about Divination.

You and Maple walked to the charms classroom, slightly exhausted by the trek up the un-ending stairs, but nonetheless enthusiastic. You found Divination interesting; being told about yourslef, your nature, your past—it was all intriguing.

You sat across from Maple one on of the small, round tables at the back of the room, watching professor Trelawney fumble through a small box of leaves.

"Good morning class!" She greeted you, swaying her hands though the air dramatically, as theatrical as ever. "Today we will be learning how to read tea leaves!"

"Great," Maple whispered to you, leaning over the table. "This doesn't sound boring at all."

You rolled you eyes in response, turning back to the teacher.

You spent the next twenty minutes of the lesson fumbling around with tea leaves, grinding them up, making tea, draining the tea and so on and so on until the professor was happy with what you'd done. You, along with most other pupils, had to start again, professor Trelawney being a perfectionist, but you finally had come to a point where the whole class met your expectations.