Chapter 4

"So. Who wants to explain what the hell is going on to me." None of the young wolves would make eye contact with him. Seemed they were all huff and puff until the big bad wolf came along. 

"Bryan care to explain." The Alpha gave acne face a stern look waiting for his reply. Bryan tried to meet his Alpha's gaze but had to immediately look back to the floor before he replied.

"Alec was disrespectful to a waitress so the magpie-" There was a growl from the Alpha. He did not care for the use of that nickname. Bryan quickly corrected himself"-so Ms. Margret closed the kitchen on us. Alec wasn't happy and confronted Ms. Margret about it..." 

The Alpha walked over and all the pups separated from Alec. The Alpha learned over and grabbed him by the scruff and lifted him until he was dangling in the Alpha's hold. With Alec in tow the Alpha walked up to Margret and held Alec out towards her. 

"Got any thing to say to Ms. Margret?" Alec lifted his head to face the bartender who stood with her arms still crossed. There was no malice in her expression and instead she looked like she almost pitied the boy. Alec on the other hand glared at the woman. Apparently he had no problem showing how he felt even in the presence of his Alpha. The Alpha was not patient and shook him when he did didn't respond. 

"Get on with it!" he said with a growl. Alec closed his eye at the abrupt command. When he opened them again he refused to look at Margret but instead stared at the floor. 

"...sorry for the disrespect Ms. Margret," he mumbled harshly. Margret looked at the dangling wolf for a few seconds before nodding her head to him. The Alpha then turned and dropped him on the tavern floor to which Alec scrambled to join his friends. 

"Now get back to your mothers before they start worrying about you," the Alpha barked. "We'll talk about your lack of respect when I get back... now scat!" The four boys didn't have to be told twice before they scrambled out the tavern door and out of sight. 

With the delinquents Faolan was able to relax back into his booth and return to the once forgotten burger and fries. Even cold it was still amazing. The Alpha turned to the bartender who Faolan now new as Margret. He leaned over the bar to talk to her. Even though they talked in quiet tones Faolan could still hear what they were saying. 

"Please tell me Candace wasn't here for that?" the Alpha asked. Margret shook her head.

"No..I sent her home when I called Harold." 

"Thank god for small mercies. She would have only made it worse.  Anything more I need to know about?" 

"Alec took a swat at one of my waitresses. That's what started it. When I put my foot down he threw a bar glass in anger." The Alpha release a deep sigh and brought his hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose. 

"Shit. I'm sorry Mags. On behalf of his mother I appreciate you not breaking him a new hole. He's been lost since his dad passed."

"I know what it's like when life isn't fair," Margret replied. "I just can't have him harassing my staff." The Alpha nodded his head. 

"I'll talk to him and set him straight. I'll also have him come up here next week and bus tables for you as a consequence. Maybe if he realizes how hard the staff works he will be more appreciative of them." Faolan was impressed with the Alpha. He was just when he needed to be but didn't overreact to the situation. That's something hard to do when your wolf wants to dominate everything. 

"So Harold said you saw some Alpha in the area." Uh oh. Busted. Marget nodded towards Faolan and Theo and the Alpha turned to face them. Faolan had to quickly swallow his bite of burger before facing the Alpha. The Alpha froze when he saw. the pair. He definitely recognized Faolan. 

.......

Maggie returned to help wash dishes in the kitchen. Now that Bob was here, the stray Alpha was not her problem. By the time she finished and returned to the front of the house Bob, the stray Alpha and his companion were gone. Maggie released the breath of tension she was holding. She had felt strained while the other Alpha was there. If it weren't for Alec and his gang she would of just hid in the back till he left. Thankfully Alpha Bob made the decisions to check it out. This was all just reinforcing her decision to lay low during the gathering. If she struggled to keep it together with one Alpha present she would explode trying to deal with a whole country's worth of them .