Chapter 17

As Faolan descended the stairs, he saw Theo standing in the foyer, his posture tense. Behind him, Alpha Bryce was yelling at Theo and on either side of Bryce stood Alpha Bob end Alpha Dan. Alpha Dan was a young Alpha like Bryce, but he wasn't as hot headed and arogant. Faolan's wolf snarled hearing the words Bryce shouted at Theo.

"I demand to see the king immediately. A crime has been committed against my pack and I demand justice for it." Bryce was not in a position to demand anything and Faolan would make sure he knew that.

"And what could possibly be so grievous that you storm onto my land without announcement nor invitation!" Faolan let his Alpha tone seep into his words causing all present to bow their heads.  Bryce was the last to do so.

Faolan stared at the men in front of him pressuring them with his alpha power.

"Go on then. Please explain to me what was so serious you had to barge into my home."

Bryce looked up meeting Faolan's eyes. His gaze held an evil smirk. Whatever Bryce was doing, he did not have good intentions.

"I am here to seek justice for one of my pack members who was forcibly marked on the night of the mating run."

Faolan's wolf snarled. It was one of the most heinous crimes to force a marking upon a female. Any who did were sentenced to death.

Faolan seeing this was serious, invited everyone into his office. He didn't like conducting official business in the entry way, especially one so sensitive in nature.

...

Once everyone settled on the various couches Faolan gestured to Bryce

"Alright... Tell me more about this crime."  Bryce who was loud and obnoxious before was now the model of calm. More proof that he was up to something.

"Before I tell you about it, I want some assurances first." Faolan growled at the Alpha's tone. He was being quite demanding for someone of a lower rank.

"Just get on with it," he snarled menacingly.

"Very well. Do you, Alpha King Faolan, still condemn the practice of forced marking?"

"You know I do." Faolan wolf was biting at the bit to jump Bryce. Bryce simply nodded at the answer.

"And would you, Alpha King Faolan, hold any wolf to that law no matter their rank or position?"

"What is this? Are you here to report a crime or just to ask stupid questions."

"Forgive me your majesty, but with the sensitivity of the crime I want to make sure it is taken seriously."

Faolan slammed his fist on the arm of the couch. Alpha Dan and Alpha Bob both jumped in their seats but Bryce was calm still with that glint in his eye.

The next words out of Faolan's mouth were strained and laced with murder.

"I consider that crime to be one of the most gravest crimes known. If someone has indeed committed such an atrocity I will personally met out the punishment that is warranted for it"