Chapter 10

They had been fighting for the last 10 minutes. Faolan was taking a more defensive stance but the red wolf was not holding back. He had never heard of a wolf attacking their mate before but one look at his mate's eyes and he could see something was wrong.

Her eyes were golden. A clear sign that her wolf was in complete control. She was either a very young wolf or a very hurt one. Either reason, hurt or young, she was dangerous and out of control. It made Faolan sad for his mate. Made him want to care for her all the more.

The she-wolf made another lung for him. He stepped back to once again avoid her. This had gone on long enough. He need to subdue her without hurting her.

On her next lunge he side stepped her and then rammed into her side knocking her over. She rolled onto her feet but Faolan jumped on top of of her pinning her to the ground. The she-wolf struggled underneath him and after a few moments threw him off.

Faolan did not let up and jumped to pin her again. This time when she struggled he pinched the scruff of her neck with his jaws. He made sure there was enough pressure to calm her but not enough to break the skin. The she-wolf struggled still but with her pinned and him holding her it was no use. She soon tired herself out.

When the she wolf stop moving he released her and slowly climbed off of her. She stayed laying on her belly. Her tongue was lobbed out panting heavily. Her eyes were still their golden hue. Her wolf was calm but would not give up control.

Shift. he commanded pressing his Alpha power into her. The beast shook her head as the power rolled off of her. She was strong.

SHIFT! She flinched back from the increased on-slot of power. Her body shook as her wolf tried to fight it. Soon Faolan could see the first signs of the wolf shifting. Finally he could meet his mate.

As the wolf shifted red fur gave away to pale creamy skin. red-ish brown hair flowed from her head covering her face. It was only a few moments before his mate was laying in human form still on the cold ground.

Faolan quickly shifted himself and brushed the hair away from her face.

Maggie

.....They had been doing this for hours. They would fight, he would subdue her and force her to shift. They would sleep for a while before she would wake up with golden eyes, her wolf once again in control before they both shifted and fought again. After a few rounds Faolan noticed that her shifts were a little slower and she moved a little more ragged.

Faolan was laying with Maggie in his arms trying to shield her from the cold. His body was pressed up against hers which sent shivers and tingles all throughout. He was struggling but determined not to press any advantage on her in her exposed state. Instead he contently watched as her body lifted and fell in her rest while he smelled her hair where her scent was strongest.

Before when he met her she had no scent. It was like she was a void of nothing. Now he was engulfed in it and  she smelled divine to him. Like lavender that was picked in the rain. He will spend the rest of his life memorizing that scent.

He could start to feel the first tingles of her stirring. It won't be long before her wolf awoke and their dance of dominance would begin again. He was glad Maggie's wolf was strong. It would only help him be a better Alpha and King if he had a strong mate.

Maggie rolled herself over so now she was facing him. Her breathing was becoming uneven and increased in speed. After a few more moments her eye peaked open and he could make out slivers of gold underneath her lashes. Her wolf was still in control.

Faolan brushed the hair by her face.

"Maggie?" he whispered. "It's time to come back now Maggie. We have to talk."