F O U R T E E N 😽

chap 14: north memphis
-

"kairi! mattia's here!"

"tell him to come upstairs please!" kairi shouted back while scrolling through his phone aimlessly.

he was laying on his bed, the same thing he's been doing all day since he didn't feel like going anywhere today. his led lights were switched to a piercing blue that dowsed the room and hurt your eyes at first.

even though his face was void of any emotion and seemed almost bored....internally his heart was beating fast and he felt almost—nervous.

it was just mattia of course.

but they also weren't on the best terms right now so seeing him in real life was a big deal to kairi.

gosh calm the fuck down kai.

a few moments later he was in the middle of doing the same thing he's been doing for the past hour or so (scrolling through TikTok) when a sudden knock came from his door, the sound vibrating through his room and leading straight to his chest.

he was basically just a big bundle of nerves right now.

"come in."

no movement was made for a second and kairi turned his head to look towards the door just as the knob turned and the wooden door cracked open, revealing a hand.

"hey." mattia smiled at him softly,

and just like that kairi felt all of the tension in his bones melt away.

"hey." he replied back nonchalantly before turning off his phone and setting it down by his waist, faintly hearing the door shut close.

he sat up, feeling awkward and he knew that mattia was feeling the same, no doubt.

mattia sat down at the edge of kairi's bed and the older teen watched in silence—not being sure how to start a conversation. or if he was supposed to be the one to even start one.

"i'm sorry." mattia started off softly.

"it's-" kairi shuffled in his spot, suddenly feeling it hard to accept his best friends apology. "you're an ass." he decided to say instead.

"thanks." the younger replied dryly.

kai rolled his eyes and then it became silent for a moment as neither one of the boys knew what to say...or what the right thing was to say.

"i really am sorry kai. i didn't mean to make you feel that way."

kai furrowed his eyebrows at mattia's words. "it's fine but—be honest with me." he shifted in his spot so that he was fully facing his friends direction.

"do you still feel like you did nothing wrong?"

silence.

"....obviously i did something wrong if you cried."

"you didn't answer my question."

more silence.

mattia shrugged.

kairi's mouth instantly dropped open, being more than ready to rant before mattia beat him to it.

"i shouldn't have called you pathetic. i was wrong about that.....and your right. calling you that was hypocritical of me." the raven haired teen said quietly and kairi slowly shut his mouth.

it was silent for a while—kairi fiddling his fingers and chewing on his bottom lip while mattia just idly looked around the room.

"i feel like i always forgive you too easily." the wasian said quietly after a while.

(a/n y'all pls don't comment about the fact that i used wasian 😭 let me breathe ok)

"i know." mattia whispered back. "i'm sorry."

"i know.......just promise you won't bring this up again. and i'll promise that i won't talk about that night—aight?"

it went quiet for a few moments too long making kairi furrow his eyebrows in confusion. "aight?" he repeated, the word sounding forced.

mattia cleared his throat, finally looking away from the spot on the floor that he was staring hard at and gazing towards kairi.

"aight." he replied softly.

"so now what?"

kairi shrugged. "i'm actually kinda tired. you wanna sleep together?"

the latter stared at him blankly.

"dude that's not what i meant." kai rolled his eyes before pursing his lips and side eyeing mattia. "unless...."

mattia immediately got up from his spot on the bed, heading straight for kairi's door.

"wait sorry, sorry, i'm done. i promise."

the raven turned around with a deep sigh. "kai i'm not even tired."

"but i have a hard time going to sleep.....you don't have to stay, just until i fall asleep." kairi wagered with him, knowing that mattia would probably end up taking the deal.

and,

he did.

"fuck, fine~" the younger boy drawled out before hopping into his best friends bed and scooting more into the middle—shoving the small teen in the process.

kai huffed but said nothing, waiting for mattia to get comfortable before he laid his head down on the boys chest. immediately, he focused on the fast beating of mattia's heart, knowing that it was the fastest way for him to fall asleep.

hearing his best friends heartbeat was the only thing that lulled him to sleep in seconds.

"i promise i won't be such a fuck up from now on." mattia whispered.

kairi hummed, barely registering his words before he himself blacked out into a peaceful dream land.

——😽——
an:

oct 3

teehee how r u guys enjoying this so far?

as i predicted, i am having a lot of fun writing this 😌😌

nov 10:

kairi is so attractive i'm simping pls someone slap me. like slap me hard i'm not about to do this again