T W E N T Y - F I V E 🤩

chap 25: snowman
-

"papa!" mattia called out after he closed his front door and made his way to the drive way.

"hold on Tia." his dad replied absentmindedly, being too busy looking at something in the street.

mattia furrowed his eyebrows as he, too, looked out into the street to see what his dad was so focused on. a part of him immediately guessed it was kairi's car, and of course—it was.

mattia sighed as he made his way beside his dad, shoving his hands in his sweatpants pockets while he watched the black vehicle creep to their house.

"what the hell is that motherfucker doing? he better not come out out of that car cause i'm going to beat his ass." mattia's dad threatened, squinting to make sure he wasn't seeing what he thought he was seeing.

"pa-"

"mattia." the older man warned, not wanting to be ridiculed by his son right now.

"no pa that's-" the teen tried again.

his dad simply put up a hand to silence him and the both of them watched as the car pulled up near the sidewalk right in front of their house and parked there, the vehicles headlights slowly dimming until it was completely off.

mattia let out a deep breath.

it was silent as the pair outside made no move to come near the car and the person inside the car made no move to come out.

and then the car door opened up and a small figure made its way out of the black BMW making mattia's dad furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"kairi?" he called out before looking at his son as if he was the cause of all this.

"hi sir." kairi replied meekly as he waddled towards the pair, feeling awkward and embarrassed....also slightly scared.

"kairi what the hell were you doing? did you forget how to drive?"

the boys face turned a light shade of red as he walked towards mattias side instead of mr. polibio's, subconsciously hiding behind his best friend as the raven's dad stared him down.

"i was going the speed limit sir."

mr. polibio's eyebrows raised.

"you were going the-" he stopped to look up to the sky. "fuck the speed limit!" he exclaimed and kairi pressed his lips into a thin line to stop from smiling as he briefly looked up at mattia who was rolling his eyes.

"and you flipped me off six times!" the older man added, raising his hands up into the air.

"so did you mr-"

"pa aren't you supposed to be at the hotel with ma?" mattia cut kairi off, not wanting to hear them debate and just rather get in the house already.

the man sighed before looking towards the house. "yeah but i forgot to bring some things." he replied before finally heading up the driveway and towards their front door.

"fucking kids." he grumbled before digging his keys from out of his pocket. "if my wife gets mad at me i'm blaming you kairi!" he exclaimed while aligning his key with the lock.

mattia replied for the older teen with a simple. "pa the doors already unlocked."

"oh."
-

"jeez if i would've know that was your fucking dad-"

"don't even worry about it he'll forget by the next time you see him."

kairi didn't reply, instead walking over to where mattia's couch sat before setting down his bag beside it, having to bend down slightly to do so.