Chapter 7

“Jeremy...” I was lost of words.

            He smiled sweetly at me, anxiously waiting my response.

            “Jeremy, I have a boyfriend back home,” I finally said.

            He nodded, not satisfied, but accepted the fact, “Gymnast too?”

            I shrugged, “We don’t see anyone other than gymnasts.”

            He grinned, “Well, I hope this isn’t going to be awkward.”

            “It won’t,” I firmed.

            “Before we close this topic, can I just say something?”

            I nodded.

            “Long distance never works in JBA,” he said.

            Before he walked away, he whispered in my ear, “I’ll wait for you.”

            That was so bizarre!

            Classes were such a bore. I can’t believe while I was training and travelling the world, the rest of the people my age had to endure this sort of suffering. I was so used to home school where I could arrange my own timetable. At least I had gymnastics to look forward to. Well, I still do, but it’s an extra drag having to mingle with strangers swooning over me as if I were a talking monkey.

            “Anna darling, how are you?” a Barbie kissed my cheeks.

            “Fine, I got to go for Chem,” I said quickly.

            “Oh no, let me walk you there! I have Chem now too!” She quickly tangles her arm into mine and pulls me to the direction of the Chem lab.

            “So Anna,” she beams.

            “Actually, I go by Savannah now,” I replied coldly.

            “Oh of course, wouldn’t want everyone treating you differently, now would we?” she said referring to the rest of the high school.

            I rolled my eyes and replied sarcastically, “Oh no, imagine the horror.”

            “I know right?” She beamed. Gosh, this Barbie is so bimbotic.

            When we reached the Chem lab, I quickly took a seat next to Mia and Barbie frowned, quickly covering up, “Okay, I’ll see you later, Savannah!”

            Mia giggled, “Victim of Princess George?”

            My eyes widened, “That’s her name?”

            “It’s a nickname. Her real name is Patricia, but her father is the chairman of the school, and every time he makes a speech, he’ll be sure to mention his darling ‘Princess’, hence the name. Plus, it suits her, don’t you think?”

            “Definitely, she isn’t very bright, is she?”

            “Not even the slightest,” Mia laughed.

            “Savannah!” Princess yelled through the crowd.

            Mia and Max snuck off to their ‘secret make out spot’, so I was left alone after Chem. I ducked my head and did my best avoiding the royal pain in the ass.