Vroom Vroom

a/n: yes, I republished this series. i took them down for a few months for personal reasons but idc anymore and figured some people might get enjoyment out of them still, even if the writing is very poor in comparison to Love Bites (which u should go read on my profile hehe) but anyways i had a lot of fun writing these before, so maybe some of you guys will like it!

"These actors are literally so bad, like they don't even look scared! That one girl looks like she's gonna laugh or something." Sapnap ranted.

The three friends sat in Dream's car, which was pulled into a field area that had a big projected movie setup. It was pretty late at night, maybe around 1 AM. Other cars speckled the field sparsely, the sound of the movie just loud enough to cover the conversations of the other attendees across the distance.

"I know, I know! Look they're not even worried, their friend just got taken by a ghost and they all have poker faces." Dream chuckled from the backseat of the car. "Like, actually, I think I could do better."

"I think I could do it better than you." George mumbled, and looked up into the rearview mirror to look at Dream.

He was practically taking up the entire backseat, his arms spread across and behind the headrests.

He looks so comfortable, George thought.

I wonder how warm his arms are.

Suddenly he noticed that there were eyes looking back at him in the mirror, and he quickly turned his head to his window. George studied the stars that blanketed the night sky to distract himself from his embarrassment.

"Mhm, sure George. You know that I'm better at lying than you. That's like, not even a competition."

"...okay, whatever."

They all sat in silence for a bit when Sapnap's phone lit up on the dashboard, and he picked it up to read the text he had gotten. After a moment he quickly put it in his pocket and grabbed his trash from the console area.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick, y'all. Have fun, Dream!"

"Oka-what?" George scoffed after hearing the end of Sapnap's sentence.

Confused, George watched Dream kick the back of Sapnap's seat right before he hopped out and laughed, closing the door and walking down the hill behind them, and the blonde cursed under his breath.

"Okay then..." George giggled.

"Sapnap is such an idiot sometimes, I swear to god." Dream remarked, a slight stutter in his voice.

He looked up to the mirror again to analyze George's face as he watched the movie, but began to feel himself becoming more and more restless as he noticed the small things about his friend, the dim light of the movie reflecting off of it, the way his smile would twitch upwards a bit after a bad line, how his cocoa eyes scanned the screen with boredom, his kempt hair which had small strands falling over his forehead.

That was when George glanced upwards, meeting Dream's eyes. Except this time, neither of them looked away. After a couple seconds of staring, Dream started laughing, and George did too.

"What? What is it?" George giggled.

"Nothing...nothing. You're just...handsome. That's all."

George scrunched his face in response. "Thanks.."

The two returned their attention to the horror movie in front of them. They sat in a nice silence for a while.

Dream noticed George repositioning himself in the passenger seat, slouching down a bit more.