Chapter 5: Bears on the Road

Road trips are fun when you think about where to go, but visiting actual places is even better!

The sun has been risen, the clouds are parting away, and the road they travelled on is all wide and empty as the three Bears aboard their tropic-themed van were driving along the road to their destination.

It's been a few hours since they first started their trip, and that the trio had mixed feelings about what might happen during their run, especially Panda, who thought that going to have a new life in Canada is such a bad idea.

As the van kept on going, and Ice holding the wheel and watching the road as he had known to do, Panda was still browsing on his social sharing app when...

"Oh, Canada..." Grizz sung off-key, who had tried to sing the Canadian national anthem, only to hadn't remembered the lyrics.

Hearing him sing like that annoyed Panda into shouting: "Grizz! Can you cut that out?! You didn't even remember the lyrics!"

"Pan-Man, come on, brighten up!" Grizz replied backingly. "After all, we're road-tripping, and it's fun! Right, little bro?"

Ice only shrugged his shoulders in uncertainity. He doesn't seem to agree with his other two brothers.

"Fun?" Panda worriedly told Grizz, his paws still holding his phone while he eyed on his brother. "How can you be so calm about this?! We're fugitives! Fugitives against the law!"

"Chill, Pan-Pan, and relax! They'll never find us here, especially when we have to make it like a road trip!"

"You think?" Panda was still trying to get adjusted to the sunchair he sat on. "We're just wanted criminals-"

"Shhh," Grizz shushed him, interrupting what he's about to say. "Listen, a road trip like this will get us going, and that is the only way that we could enjoy everything here. Besides, there's a whole lot of people who don't know us, and that's a good thing, right?"

"Grizz..."

"It's all right. If we want to have fun while going to Canada, this trip is what we have!"

I just don't want us to get caught by the po-po, Panda thought, yet he didn't said that for his brothers's sake. Besides, there might be someone out there who is spying on us...

"On second thoughts, perhaps you're right," Panda admitted with a sigh. "Besides, I think there will be no trouble ahead..."

"That's the spirit!" Grizz then cheered, hugging his brother tightly in agreement.

He then extended his arm out of the window and cried out:

"Onward, my bros! To Canada!"

"Or bust..." Panda mumbled under his breath, back turned, arms crossed and head pointing to the floor covered with beach mats.

Grizz soon heard (or seemed to be) what he had said. "What, Panda?"

"Oh, nothing!" the middle bro cut in, nervous yet changing the concept. "I'll check if I can find a roadside diner, I just missed breakfast..."

He then went over to his phone and started browsing, not to mention the van continuing to drive along the lone road...

************************************
(One hour later)

"Panda! Wake up, bro, we're here!"

Panda was already asleep on the sunchair with his phone on his chest, and that it has been an hour since the quiet drive, until Grizz woke him up from his slumber.