Chapter 12: Bros for Life!

Whatever happens, brothers (or sisters, or cousins, or friends) always stick together, no matter what!

Night has fallen, and now, the three Bear brothers are now being separated in separate cages, with the other two to be deported away from the reserve towards their habitats, and that the eldest had been locked in his detainment cell along with the other bears like him, desperate that he will never be able to see each other again, forever.

It had been quiet, lonely and dark times for those imprisoned grizzlies to even see the darkness of the reserve, each one knowing that things are just as hopeless as seeing freedom being pulled away from their grasps.

And, just as it is that night, the surroundings were filled with the chirps of crickets, and the breathing from the snoring grizzlies...

...and Grizz, weeping desperately on his cage, face buried on his knees.

It had been such a sad thing for those grizzlies to hear now, knowing that they had been suffered under the dominant rule of humans the same way as he is, blamed as the minority of the so-called "hireachy" of intelligent species.

Well, Grizz was there, suffered with emotional pain and hatred as usual, just as the grizzly with ashy gray fur in the cage next to his own handed over a piece of his bandage to him.

Tapping his shoulder at first to get some attention, the grizzly shook his offering towards him, as if he gestured to take what he had in his left paw.

Knowing that he did so to sniffle out the tears in his nose, Grizz accepted the torn bandage (which looked dirty when he sees it).

Once he sniffle out the tears away, he turned to the bear next to him, saying thanks.

"Rraugh," the bear replied, showing his acceptance. ("You're welcome.")

Just then, Grizz told his cagemate about what he had saw right now.

"Never seen so many of these bears here... Did he capture you all, too?"

"Rrugh..." ("Maybe.")

"Well, did any of you ever killed any humans?"

"Mmraugh." ("No.")

"Maybe you're just persecuted, blamed to be a threat to society."

"Errrgh." ("Yes.")

Well, Grizz didn't seem to understand what he had said. "Oh, sorry, friend. Didn't know how to speak the bear language yet."

"Rraugh." ("Maybe I'll leave you alone.")

The ashy gray bear then went to a corner to go back to sleep in his bed of hay, and that Grizz had his face buried again in worry.

Never in his life did he ever experienced such a hard pain on what he had made to endanger his younger brothers, and that they were being persecuted as "monsters" that posed harm on humans, with one such pair killing Trout's family years ago.

With his past life being left behind for what he had done, he doesn't have any choices left, hopeless, guilty and shamed as he is now...

"Hey, don't be a downer, brother!"

Now hearing such a unknown voice, and that it had been said in perfect English, Grizz went around to know who said so...

...only to see a vision of something odd; his young, confident and yet brave bear cub self!

"Whew... That's place, such a dump!" Little Grizz told his adult self. "What happened to us, dude?"

Still shocked at what he had saw in front of him, yet calming down to say a least few words to him, went on a reply: