Chapter 9

I look up at Hero and I show him who's calling me, his eyes go wide. My manager never calls me except for essential information.

"Hello" I say.

"The internet is breaking of pictures of you in London, fans have clearly found that you're pregnant" she says annoyed.

"Well, they were going to find out eventually" I say.

"We had a plan for this. We were getting professional pictures done to announce your pregnancy and relationship with Hero that you would post on social media. You're walking in the streets of London like you wouldn't get noticed" she says angrily.

"I'm sorry..." I start to say but she cuts me off.

"You're famous Josephine, it's safe to say that you are very popular in the public's eyes. I'm trying to build your career for you but instead you're doing everything wrong from dating your co-star to getting pregnant when your career has just begun" she says, and this gets me so mad.

"You're not my mother, you're my manager. You always boss me around like a child and I'm sick of this. This is my life and live it the way I want" I tell her.

"You know what Josephine, I wish you the luck to find a manager as great as me, I'm done" she says.

"You can't leave me like this, I have so much come up in the next few weeks. My schedule is packed" I say, and she chuckles.

"It's not my problem anymore" she says, and she hugs up the phone.

I look at Hero and my eyes begin to cry.

"I'm manager less" I say, and he hugs me to comfort me.

"I don't know what to do" I say against his chest, and he kisses my head.

"My parents are going to kill me; I have been working with that manager for years" I say, and he wipes my tears away.

"I'm sure Dakota wouldn't mind managing you" he says, and I lay my head on the table.

"Dakota, your manager?" I ask.

"Yes" he says.

"Do you want me to call her" he asks, and I sigh.

"I need to call a few people first then we can talk with Dakota and also try to figure out all of this social media stuff with your pregnancy announcement because fans are already suspicious, and they know" I say.

"Just don't get too worked up, we'll all figure this out" he says, and I give him a smile. I walk to the living room so I can make some calls.

A few hours later

Hero and I are currently packing our bags so we can head to the airport.

After countless calls and new arrangements, I had to make, Hero's manager Dakota is my now my new manager and she wants us on the first plane to New York so we can get some professional pictures done for our official pregnancy announcement. We will make some videos announcing our relationship for the After Movie social media's.

The entire day shifted so quickly. First, I'm in London and then I'm on a plane to New York.

Dakota is nice. We've met in the past and she was so happy to accept the manager position.

She's meeting us in New York, so we'll talk more there.

My parents have been calling my phone nonstop, but I haven't had a chance to answer them since I've been so busy.

We finish packing our bags and Hero puts our luggage in the back of the Range Rover.

"Can I drive it" I say.

"You have to rest; I will drive it instead" he says.

"Fine" I say.

We both get in the car; Hero enters the car rental address at the airport on the navigation system and we leave.

The ride is quiet, Hero focuses on the road while I sleep most of the trip.

We arrive at the car rental to the airport; Hero parks the car in the returning parking, and we get out of the car.

We checked the whole car to see if we had forgotten anything.

After we checked the car, we deposited the key in a lockbox and headed inside the terminal.

"It's such a shame that we have to return this car, I loved it so much" I say, and Hero tries to comfort me by hugging me.

"I will buy you the same car one day, don't worry" he says, and I give him a smile.

We check in our bags for our flight to New York and head to the boarding gate.

We board the plane after a few minutes and seat at our seats.

A flight attendant comes to us and asks us if we want some champagne as a welcome drink.

"I would like some" Hero says.

"Can I have a glass of water" I say.

The flight attendant comes back with our beverages, and we take off a few minutes later.

Hero and I relax on our long plane ride to New York, I fall asleep during the flight.

We finally arrived in New York. We were escorted off the plane by security.

"I don't know how they know but there is a crowd of fans waiting for you at the entrance of the airport and so many camera crews" the first security guard says, and I quickly try to fix my appearance.

"Is there any way we can go around them. I hate doing this to fans, but the camera crews can be aggressive" Hero asks and the security guards give him a sad look.

"This is the only way out to your car; we will be with you at every step of the way" the nice man says, and we walk our way to the entrance.

As we get closer, we can see the crowd forming and fans screaming as we come into their eyes view.

The security guards open the doors for us, and I give my best smile as Hero, and I run our way to the car that's waiting for us outside.

"How far along are you, Josephine?" a cameraman asks.

"When did your relationship start?" another camera person asked, blinding me with all the flashing.

"Hero, Josephine can I please take a picture with you" a fan asks, and I kindly turn her down.

Once we're inside the car and it's driving away. I lay my head on Hero, and he chuckles.

"So, this is our life now" he says, and I look at him with a surprised face.

"I guess so" I say with a smile.

We get to rest for the rest of the day. Tomorrow is work, work, work. Our break from filming has gotten cut short due to all this extra announcement and photo shoots we now must do.