Chapter 37

The next morning I'm waken up by the sunlight of the sun.

I look down at my clock on my nightstand table and it's 2pm in the afternoon.

"How tired I was" I say to myself.

I get out of bed and I head to my closet.

I put on my white polo and my black yoga pants.

I walk downstairs and I make myself breakfast.

I make some scrambled eggs with bacon and I also make a cup of coffee.

After having breakfast, I decide to see Nicolas.

I grab my phone and I call him.

"Hello Mrs Langford, you can come to see me but I have press conference going starting soon" Nicolas says over the phone.

"I will come to see you and assist to your press conference" I say.

"Great, my security guards will arrive shortly" Nicolas says.

"See you then" I say and I hung up the phone.

I put on my new running shoes that I bought yesterday and I love them so much. I take my jacket just in case if it's cold outside.

A few minutes later there's a knock on my door.

"Mrs Langford, follow us please" one of the security guards says.

We get in the elevator, I press on the 220th floor and the elevator goes up.

We arrive on the 220th floor and one of Nicolas's bodyguards open The Penthouse doors.

I enter in and Nicolas greets me.

"Hello Mrs Langford, did you have a good night ?" Nicolas asks.

"I had a good night, thank you for shopping with me yesterday" I say with a smile.

"You're welcome Mrs Langford" Nicolas says.

"What is the press conference about ?" I ask.

"Well, the press conference is about a new security consultant in charge of monitoring The Pearl's Anti-Fire systems" Nicolas says.

"Wow, this is  serious for The Pearl" I say.

"It is indeed" Nicolas says.

"Mr Cholin, the security consultant is here" one of his bodyguards says.

"I'm coming" Nicolas says and I follow him.

"Welcome Mr Sawyer, it's a pleasure to meet you" Nicolas says and he shakes his hand.

"Hello Mr Sawyer" I say and I shake his hand.

"After your assement, The Pearl would be able to open it's residencial area to the public.  So shall we begin ?" Nicolas asks.

"Can't wait" Mr Sawyer says.

Nicolas and I sit next to each other in front of the big screen, ready to listen.

"The Pearl's anti-fire measures employ one-of-a-kind self-sealing ventilation system and a robust sprinkler system and CO2 array which can put out a fire in a fraction of a time. All Monitored by a control facility located over a mile away. You hired me to assess your safety and security systems and after a complete analysis, I can say it's the safest supertall structure in the world. Once I inspect the security at the off-site facility, my job will be done, and you can open the residential upper half." Mr Sawyer says.

"Thank you" Nicolas says and he gets up from his chair.

"You were the right man for the job, just like your company said" Nicolas says walking towards one of his bodyguards.