Chapter 1

Marinette's P.O.V:

Chapter 1:

Marinette! Sweetie come down! there's fantastic news! mama called me downstairs.

I sighed as I stopped working on my recent design for monsieur Agreste and head downstairs to see what the fantastic news mama has in store for me. As I head downstairs I see my little sister excited with mama as they wait for me, as they notice my arrival downstairs they usher me to the couch by now I am really confused as to what the news must be to get Bridgette and mama excited.

"We got a letter Minette!" mama told me with excitement

"wow, a letter," I said back sarcastically as I look at her and Bridgette with a bored I have the stuff to do look.

"How old are your bug?" Bridgette asked as if she didn't know my age as she looked at me with her confused eyes.

I stare at her as if she was serious and sighs: "I'm 18 years old Bridge" as I told her this she looks more thrilled telling my mom to open the letter now getting my curiosity more up as Bridgette starts to giggle uncontrollably. But losing her patience she then proceeds to yank the letter off of mama's hand and runs to me handing it.

"OPEN IT MARI OPEN IT OPEN IT" Bridgette demanded as ecstatic fill's her voice.

"OK OK calm down there remember curiosity killed the cat," I told her as I slowly get the letter and start to rotate it to open it when Bridgette lost her patience and snatched the letter out of my hand this time.

"But satisfaction brought it back!"Bridgette screamed as she opened the letter in a flash.

"Mama read it!!!" Bridgette shrieked at mama.

"OK dear," Mama opened the letter completely and began to read out loud to us.

"To the Dupain-Cheng Family,
the recent census has confirmed that a single woman age 16 through 20 currently living in your household. We would like you to be aware of this great opportunity your daughter has to might be apart of the celebration of Illea. As you might know our beloved prince, Damian Wayne as comes of age to find himself a wife to rule the country by his side. If your daughter would like to be apart of this and maybe even be the next future queen and wife of prince Damian please fill out the enclosed form and return it to your local Province Services Office. One woman from each office will be selected randomly to be apart of the selection and meet the prince. Participants will be housed at the castle during their stay. The families will be generously compensated for their service to the royal family" 

 I was shocked for a moment when I remember girls around Illea get one at the age of 16 to 20 and I'm 18 so I am eligible for the selection of Prince Damian. I have seen Prince Damian on TV he looks like a spoiled brat that doesn't care about his family plus he always seemed perfect. Never a hair out of place, teeth white as pearls, and his suit never wrinkled.

"OH! Aren't you happy Mar! you could be a princess!" Bridgette told me with excitement filled in her bluebell eyes.

"Yes of course I'm excited Bridgette! I'm so excited that I'm going to go to my room and if Alya comes please let her in and tell her I'm in my room!" I lied to her to not get her hope crushed that I won't be entering the selection. But about Alya coming was true.

Was I excited because I would be able to meet a spoiled prince and maybe even marry him? my answer is no I wasn't excited I don't want to meet the prince and for sure I don't want to marry him. Why? that was a simple question to answer because I am already in love, in love with Adrien Agreste a two and he loves me back. I work for Adrien's father Monsieur Agreste as his seamstress or as he likes to say it his co-designer. Adrien and I started to secretly date two years ago because his father might like me but that doesn't mean that he would approve of a relationship of a six with a two and the only people that know about our relationship is my best friend Alya and his best friend, Nino. We would have little dates at cafes and today we have one today and Alya will be helping me get ready and do my hair while I finish a dress I started for the date.