Chapter 3

Marinette's P.O.V

The next morning I woke up feeling horrible. I didn't want to get out of bed at first but had to in the end because I had to meet up with Monsieur Agreste today. I get out of bed and head towards the restroom. As I'm showing, I remember the events that took place the night before. How I thought he was the one for me yet, he wasn't the one. It reminds me of a song that Luka has, shown me before he went to be a guard at the castle. The name of the song was Moral of the Story by Ashe an, old singer from the 20 century. No one knows the music from those times now except for Luka.

Once I finished my shower, I brushed my teeth, washed my face good for no one could see the red puffy eyes from yesterday then, I changed into my work clothes. As I finished, I head downstairs and greet my family. I got an apple to eat on the way to the Agreste Manor. When I got there, I greeted Natalie.

"Good Morning Natalie! How was your morning!"

"I'm doing well, miss. Marinette. Mr. Agreste is awaiting you in his office." Natalie told me while she worked on her computer. Then looks At me for a moment. "On your way up, can you; please wake up Adrien he has a date today with the miss. Tsurugi," she informed me and, I just nodded.

 Making my way up the stairs towards Adrien's room, I was nervous. I stopped at his door and hesitant at first but then knocking on the door. From the inside, I heard some whispering and shuffling. Then there he was Adrien, Agreste shirtless. In front of me. I stood there for a moment before clearing my throat.

"Good morning Monsieur, Adrien you, have a date with a miss. Tsurugi today that you have to get ready for." I told him in a monotone voice looking at everything except him. "Marinette-" He started walking towards me but, I cut him off-putting my hand up before he could go further. "I hope you have a good rest of your day. Now, if you excuse me, I have to go to work." I told him looking at him in the eyes for the first time since yesterday, then leaving towards Mr. Agreste's office. 

On my way through the hallway, I try not to cry and try to keep my posture up. When I get there, I knock at the door and waited until I heard an enter then, I proceed to enter the office. As I enter, I see her the girl that stoled, I think... the love of my life sitting there Kagami, Tsurugi.

I smile at Mr. Agreste and Kagami; " Good Morning! Kagami, Mr. Agreste sorry I'm a little late. I had to do something for Natalie." I told them as Mr. Agreste motioned me to sit down. "It's an all right miss. Dupain-cheng. I would like you to meet Kagami Tsurugi shes Adrien's girlfriend for a year already.-" after those words I didn't focus that much everything that happened after was just a blur I'm not sure what they were talking about but I just nodded and smiled. The only thing going through my mind is that one year of Adrien and I's relationship was a lie.

"Marinette I heard that you entered the selection" That caught me off guard and I was shocked at first but then answered.

"I did. I want to find love." I hesitated at first but continued I laugh a sad laugh because I thought of Adrien."I want to find someone that will love me for who I am and I had a feeling in me I might find it in the selection. Just maybe I could have a happy ending with someone I love if it isn't the prince then I'll go find them somewhere else and maybe even go back to Paris, France start a little boutique there for my clothing line and maybe even find love in the city of love." I lied to them.

"Well, I hope you succeed and find love Marinette, It; is a precious thing to have," Mr.Agreste told me and, I nodded. " Well, that is all we have today you may go. On your way out, can you please call in Adrien?" He asked me as I started gathering my stuff. "of course," I respond, nodded my head goodbye to him and Kagami and left.

I was heading towards Adrien's room and knocked on the door. Adrien then proceeds to open the door and is surprised to see me at his door once again.
"One year huh. One year that; was a lie. One year of thinking, I was the only one. One year of getting misled by you. One year of you being with the miss. Tsurugi. Your father is calling for you in his office. Hope your date goes well." I told him as a tear threatens to drop but I wouldn't let it fall. Then I proceed to leave saying goodbye to Emilie, Izzy, and Natalie.