Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Eleanora Hadley sat on the couch of the bright-white polished Cullen family home, seven pairs of topaz eyes watching her every move as she shuffled awkwardly on the couch. 

Out of all the things that she and Bella had speculated about since the car accident that Edward had miraculously saved her from the last thing, Ellie had expected was vampires. Although when she started to think about it, it really did explain a lot. A lot of strange occurnaces that had happened over the years. 

"Have you gone completely insane?" Rosalie Hale screeched into the living room, turning around to where Jasper stood, watching Eleanora just like the rest of his family. "First she stumbles upon you, thinking that she was hallucinating and instead of disappearing, thus confirming that she was indeed hallucinating, you decide to let her know that she wasn't. So, now we are stuck with her knowing everything!" Rosalie screamed agitated, gesturing towards where the brunette sat. 

"I can go wait outside if you want." Eleanora offered but received no response from the family. 

"Can she be trusted?" Edward asked before he was soon interrupted. 

At the sound of a phone ringing into the room, the Cullen family froze at the sound, their eyes zeroing in on the vibrating phone in Ellie's pocket. 

"Sorry," She muttered to the family, before picking up the phone. "Hey, Sydney."

"Hey, El. Just my promised check-in to make sure you weren't eaten by a bear or something." Sydney said, the corners of Ellie's lips twitching slightly at the irony. 

"Nope, I'm all good, as promised." Ellie returned. "Now listen, Syd. I'm sorry to cut this call so short but I'm not feeling too great, I might have to call you back in the morning." Ellie lied smoothly, the age-old excuse coming in handy once more. 

"Are you okay, El? Really? Because you know you can't lie to me. And you need to talk to someone if it's really that bad." 

"Yeah I know, Syd. But I'm fine I promise, nothing a good night's sleep won't fix." 

"You never have a good night's sleep." Sydney retorted. 

"Indeed. Alright Sydney, I really do have to go though. I'll talk to you in the morning, alright?" 

"Alright," Sydney repeated. "Sleep well, Ellie."

"You too," Ellie replied before placing her phone back into her pocket, turning back to face the family. "I'm really sorry about that."

"There's nothing to be sorry for, Eleanora," Carlisle said. "As much as I understand where you are all going from, I've known Eleanora for almost the entire time we've been here in Forks. She's a patient of mine and I'm sure that you all know her to some degree through school. I'm sure that myself along with the rest of you can all agree that Eleanora isn't going to reveal our secret to anyone, anytime soon. Isn't that right, Eleanora?" 

"Of course," Ellie replied, meeting the eyes of every vampire in the room. "Although I don't entirely understand just how dangerous this is for all of you to trust me, I hope that you can at least take my promise that I won't tell another soul." 

The conversation broke out once more, Rosalie still having a hard time agreeing with the situation at hand as Ellie slumped more and more against the couch. 

"Okay I'm just going to-" Ellie trailed off, her eyes shutting once more the Cullen family too wrapped up in their conversation to notice the brunette human falling asleep against their couch. 

When Ellie woke up once more, a heavy blanket falling from her shoulders, all trace of the family of vampires had disappeared entirely. Her eyes flickered around the kitchen/living room area before she turned around, carefully folding up the blanket once more and leaving it behind on the couch. 

"Thank you all for the hospitality," Ellie called carefully through the house, hoping that someone would hear her as she started to trace her steps. The myriad of different staircases confusing her before she finally found her way back out to the front door. 

The once looming darkness now blanketed the pitch-black sky, the illumination of the house lights allowing her to pick up a winding driveway into the darkness. She had no clue where she was, apart from the generalised assumption that she was at the Cullen family home in the middle of the woods. She looked back once more over her shoulder at the white home before looking back at the dark driveway. 

"Guess I'm walking then." Ellie shrugged, starting forward, her shoes crunching against the gravel. 

"Eleanora." A soft plea filled the air, Ellie slowly turning around to see Jasper Hale standing illuminated against the house. "Please at least let me drive you home." 

It didn't take long for Ellie to give in to him, the assumed long walk home through the darkness, not one she had been looking forward to anyway. 

"Okay." She returned softly, allowing Jasper to show her towards a garage with several cars of all shapes and colours. She whistled, her eyes flickering across the half a dozen car models. "Impressive." 

"You like cars?" Jasper asked with a quiet amusement. 

"I keep forgetting you haven't met my brother." Ellie joked in response. "When you've lived in a house with him your entire life you don't exactly have a choice to whether you like cars or not, you simply do." 

The two of them were soon cruising down the driveway and onto the highway below, silence filling the air as the blonde vampire gripped tightly onto the steering wheel.

"Okay I really hope this doesn't offend you, but I need to get this out of my system." Ellie started before letting out a bout of uncontrollable laughter as Jasper watched her amusedly. "Okay, I need to stop before my Cataplexy decides to rear its ugly head again. Sorry," She breathed looking up at the blonde. "I've just been holding that in for way too long." 

"This entire situation amuses you I guess." 

"Oh definitely so. But don't stress I completely understand the seriousness of it too, I just find it all so hilarious that despite all the rumours and everything that Forks High School has produced over the years, they couldn't be further from the truth. So other than me, I think your secret isn't going to get out anytime soon." 

"And you aren't going to tell anyone." Jasper clarified. 

"Of course not. You heard what I said earlier, I made a promise and I don't break promises. Plus Rosalie would have my head if I even uttered the first syllable." 

"I suppose she most likely would." Jasper returned. "Alright, this is you, I believe."

Ellie looked out of the front windscreen as the dark shadow of her house, a stark contrast from the bright, white silhouette of the Cullen's house. She let out a sigh of relief at the missing car in the driveway, something that Jasper sent her a look of confusion at. 

"Oh sorry. It's just that my Mum isn't home. She hates me going into the forest anyway, she would probably pass out on the spot if she knew that I was briefly kidnapped by a family of vampires." Ellie joked, before smiling at the blonde. "Goodnight, Jasper." 

"Goodnight, Eleanora. Sleep well." Jasper returned as Ellie stepped out of the car, pausing slightly before turning around. 

"You know what, I just thought of something," Ellie said turning around. "I always need to sleep and you don't sleep at all, an unusual pairing if I do say so myself. Maybe we were always destined to be friends."

"Goodnight, Eleanora," Jasper repeated, sending a smile the brunette's way. 

"Night," Ellie called back, walking up the front steps reaching for the spare key when Jasper pulled out of the driveway.