Chapter Sixty-Two

CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO

CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO

"This is Jasper Hale. Leave a message after the beep."

Ellie groaned at the phone, glaring at it in hope her call would actually go through. She had returned from a hunt only to find Jasper and Alice had disappeared without a trace and more importantly without a goodbye. Carefully placing her phone down, knowing very well that phones and emotional vampires never mixed, she pushed her hair back from her face in frustration.

"Ellie!" Bella shouted, her voice reverberating around the house. Ellie sped down the stairs in a flash, only to find her entire family gathered on the front porch of the house, Sam standing nearby.

"What's up?" She asked carefully, eyebrows furrowing at the sight of their concerned faces.

"Alice asked me to give you that. She and Jasper crossed our lands to the ocean last night." Sam announced, passing Carlisle a note.

"Carlisle?" Esme questioned, worry evident on her face.

"They've left us." Carlisle informed, the whole family frowning with the news.

"Why?" Rosalie questioned.

"She didn't say." Carlisle returned.

"Can I see that?" Bella questioned, reading over the note herself.

"Gather as many witnesses as you can before the snow sticks to the ground. That's when they'll come." Ellie repeated aloud, reading over Bella's shoulder, the two sharing a look in worry.

Soon enough her entire vampire family was spread out across the globe, following Alice's instructions to the best of their ability, whilst Ellie held up the fort at home, preparing the house to accommodate more vampires than it ever had before.

She had just finished receiving a call from Bella that her, Edward, Renesmee and Jacob would soon be returning from the Denalis, when she heard the crunch of tires on gravel.

Ellie headed over to the window where her face dropped at the sight of the head of long blonde hair that exited the car. She sighed before speeding down the stairs and opening the front door before Sydney Taylor even had the chance to knock, her hand poised awkwardly where the door had been moments before.

"Ellie." She breathed at the sudden appearance of her friend.

Swinging the door swiftly behind her, not wanting Sydney to enter the house and see the coolers of blood placed everywhere for the non-vegetarian vampires expected to arrive, Ellie crossed her arms and stood carefully in front of the door.

"What are you doing here, Syd?" Ellie questioned, glancing around shiftily as if vampires would appear any moment.

"I wanted to come and check in on you, since you've gone AWOL again." Sydney remarked with a grin. "Answer your texts and we won't have such an issue."