Chapter Thirty

CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY

Ellie Hadley had long since assumed that trouble seemed to follow Bella Swan wherever she went. For the entire time that she had known her there had hardly been a week where she hadn't gotten into some kind of mess, whether it was injury due to her ongoing clumsiness or something bigger like some vampire drama that the two human girls always seemed to get wrapped up in.

Even though the Cullens had left town, Bella was still getting caught with vampires. The call from Bella that Ellie had received while going out for lunch with her Mum, a new tradition the two women had created since coming back from their Christmas trip, had scared the narcoleptic shitless. 

Laurent, one third of the Nomads that had shown an interest in Bella last March had shown up in Forks on Victoria's orders, the last remaining third, and had threatened Bella, almost killing her until some 'huge wolves' had saved Bella, and presumably killed Laurent in the process. 

The very thought of Victoria now coming after Bella which she was left completely defendless was a terrifying thought for Ellie. Although she would of course do anything to help protect Bella, neither human girl were any match for any vampire let alone Victoria. 

But in Bella's mind, Victoria wasn't the only thing to be concerned about, she still wasn't convinced about Jacob's sudden break off of friendship. Jacob had once more shown up in Bella's bedroom confusing the girl even further, but also making Bella more determined to find out the truth and with best friend title and all, Ellie got roped in once more to sorting out the real truth. 

"I've said it once and I'm going to say it again, Bells." Ellie started, as she followed Bella's determined stride towards the front door of the Black household. "This is still a really shitty idea, even more so then it was a few days ago."

"You've said, El." Bella huffed before knocking on the front door.

The door opened seconds later, Billy Black's displeased face greeting them. "Bella, Ellie. What are you two doing here?"

"I need to see him." Bella said bluntly. 

"He's not in," Billy returned as Bella stared at him for a second, before shaking her head and pushing past him into the house. 

"I'm sorry, I need to see him." 

"Geez, Bella." Ellie muttered, shocked by her friend's complete disregard of manners before looking to Billy. "I'm really sorry." 

A few seconds later, Bella stormed past both Ellie and Billy run towards the men at the other side of the clearing. "Bad idea, Bells. Let's just go back." Ellie hissed but Bella was having none of it, continuing forward despite her friend's attempts. 

Ellie rolled her eyes, knowing that whatever the truth this was going to end badly. "Why is it always me?" She muttered before following close behind, keeping a distance but close enough to intervene if it really got close to it.