Chapter Fifty-Nine

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE

The Cullen family were gathered in the living room, every pair of eyes in the room centred on a certain babbling baby who already had everyone in the room wrapped around her finger.

A new day had risen and with that, a new fully-fledged vampire had officially joined the coven, Bella had woken and was currently out hunting with Edward before she returned to properly meet her daughter.

Her daughter. Little Renesmee whose night of birth had nearly seen so much more bloodshed and terror until Jacob Black of all people had managed to save the day. The news of him imprinting on the newborn had been taken in many different ways. Personally, Ellie had found it all quite icky, having spent enough time with the wolf pack to know the sort of relationship that Jacob and Renesmee would have if she hadn't been born two days ago. Oh, and she wouldn't admit it to anyone but she was interested in seeing how the new momma bear Bella was going to react when the news finally hit her. However, after Jacob had reassured the family a million times that it wasn't what they all thought it was, the whole issue was allowed to slide.

Ellie sat against the couch, smiling down at her goddaughter enjoying every last moment before she was inevitably passed onto the next pair of doting arms. She had quickly settled into her role as godmother, the two soon forming a special bond between the two of them.

She had never really wanted children especially now that it was impossible, as she had always believed that her narcolepsy would always render her not worthy enough to become a mother. After all, it had already rendered her unable to do most usual things, it made sense that it would force her to avoid doing yet another customary thing.

But now with little Ren, as Ellie had instantly dubbed her because her mouthful of a name, Renesmee Eleanor Cullen, was downright impossible to say continuously with the alternative Nessie being even worse, Ellie was able to be the cool aunt slash godmother, decidedly better than being her actual mother who would actually have to stop her from doing things.

"Welcome to the family." Esme's voice suddenly called, drawing Ellie out of her thoughts to focus on the vampire couple that had just walked through the door.

"Let me take her," Rosalie said, nudging Ellie's side as the brunette reluctantly handed over baby Ren to her.

"You look amazing, Bella." Alice complimented.

"Personally, I'm just glad I don't have to keep you from death once again." Ellie joked, immediately pulling into a tight embrace by Bella, her newborn strength taking over.

"Someone's been waiting to meet you." Carlisle notified with a smile.

"Rose," Edward called as Bella turned to the blonde who was holding the newest edition to the Cullen family.

Renesmee was passed to Bella who immediately settled in Bella's arms, before reaching out and pressing her hand against Bella's cheek, memories flashing across Bella's mind.