Part 5||Chapter 15

Jigz watched his daughter as she slept. It was 5am and he didn't get any sleep. He was angry...sad...confused...his mind was just all over the place and the more he thought about what happened earlier, the more he got upset. He sat up and rested his head in his hands. He took a deep breath and spoke to himself.
"Calm down" he told himself as his hands slightly shook. He slowly stood up with his fist balled up. He punch the inside of his hand make a loud noise. Time after time he always gave Liah the benefit of doubt. He truly felt like she changed. But he out of all people should of knew better. He unplugged his phone from the charger before sitting in the chair close to his window. It was late,  but he needed someone to just talk to.

"Anthony?" His mother said in a panic.
"I'm ok Ma...I'm sorry to call you so late. Did I wake you?" He said. She let out a sigh of relief. She sucked her teeth.
"Boy have you lost your damn mind...it's...it's 5:15 in the damn morning" his mother basically shouted. For some reason that made him crack a little smile.
"I know...I'm sorry...I just need someone to talk to" he said.

"What's wrong?" She asked.
"A lot...Liah..."he sighed.
"What's wrong? What's going on?" She asked.
"That's what I'm tryna figure out ma...yesterday I went by to pick up Amaza...tell me why Liah left her there by herself " he said.
"What! Has she lost her damn mind! She could of hurt herself, burnt the damn house down. What's wrong with that damn girl! She probably back on that shit!" His mother said.
"I honestly don't know...I don't even know where she at. Ain't answering my calls. She ain't even answering Jada" Jigz said.
"Lord" his mother said. Jigz pulled his phone from his ear because someone texted him. It was some lil nigga named Lik that sold for him in the past.

Yooooooo
-Lik

Sup?
-Jigz

Ain't this ya BM?
-Lik

A few seconds later the boy sent a short 10 second video. You could tell he wasn't trying to make it obvious he was recording. Jigz squinted his eyes. It was indeed Liah. She was with some girl and a few niggas in some ran down looking room. He could just look at her and tell she was high.

Where you at??
-Jigz

Towers. She wildin yo smh
-Lik

The Towers he was referring to was the Polo Grounds Towers , the projects. It wasn't nothing nice over there and to make it worse, Jigz didn't fuck with Harlem like that.

Floor? Apt #?
-Jigz

The boy texted him the information within seconds.

"Anthony? You still there" his mother spoke.
"Can you keep an eye on Amaza? I gotta go do something real quick" he said.
"What you gotta do at 5 in the damn morning boy huh?" His mother asked. It got silent.
"Ma please..." Jigz begged. His mother sighed.
"Ok, you know I have no problem watching her. Bring her here...I'll be waiting for y'all" his mother said.
"Ok ma...thank you, I love you" Jigz said. His voice was shaky. His tone of voice made his mother worry.
"I love you too Anthony. Drive safe" she said before they ended their call.

Jigz looked back at Amaza who was still asleep. He didn't wanna wake her so he just wrapped her in a blanket and headed to his mothers house. It was a 20 minute drive so bout time they got there it was just getting light outside.

His mother met them at the door.
"Hey" his mother said as she caressed her sons face.
"Hey ma...Imma put her in the room ok" Jigz said. She nodded as she followed him upstairs. Jigz laid her down covering her before kissing her.
"I love you" Jigz said as he stood up. He just stared at Amaza before leaving out the room.