Chapter Twenty One:

Shandell
July 23
1:15 pm

"Then he came over here threatening people like the fuck?!" Dishaun told me on the phone while I laid up in the bed with deuce

" Benji ain't gone do shit. Ion know why you so worried"

"Cause ion got time for that shit"

"Way you at?"

"My aunt house" he answered "I'm staying over here for a couple weeks"

" oh, I was gone come pick you up later"

"You can, you just gotta get me from here"

"Well alright. Ima talk to you later"

"Okay bitch"

I hung up the phone and laughed while sitting it down

"Whatchu laughin at?"

"Dishaun scary ass. Ion know why y'all act so scared of Benji"

Deuce sucked his teeth "Don't say no y'all. I ain scared of shit"

"Wel you act like you was when I ask you to do one simple thing for me"

"It ain about being scared. It's common sense. Yeah, ion like the nigga but that don't mean ima start some pointless beef with his ass. If he ain bothering me what ima bother him for. That man's chillin and y'all out here pickin for a reason to get his ass popped. Y'all too grown for that shit"

"If you scared then just say it. I ain got time for no fuckin lecture" I waved deuce off

"Oh so now you mad?" He chuckled and I rolled my eyes "I'm just tellin yo ass. And that's yo problem, you used to all them damn yes men in yo life so you'on like when people tell you wantchu don't like. You bout 23 years old still pickin fights with people, runnin news and starting drama. You gotta grow out that shit cause at the rate you going, you gone be the next one outta here. These niggas don't care if you a female or not"

"My brothers ain lettin shit happen to me so I ain worried"

"They ain gone always be around to save you and you gone see. Watch" he told me while he got out of the bed "instead of tryina be so hard how bout go find a job or some. That lil drug money marco left behind ain gone run too much longer. You too old to be sittin round depending on yo people anyways"

"Fuck you" I cursed while he went to the bathroom. I got off of the bed and went to the mirror putting my hair back in a low ponytail

Benji
5:15 pm

"Ion see how you let karma work with all this shit goin on" shy told me while he grabbed jr as he tried to run past him

"What I'm posed to do? Tell her she can't make her own money?"

"You know karma tell Benji what to do now" Meechie told shy and I sucked my teeth

"Karma don't do a damn thing. Now I been lettin her slide cause I know them hormones been fuckin her up but she been gettin a lil too comfortable. That's why after she have my son, ima beat her ass like she stole some"

"This nigga" Meechie laughed "and the funny part is, I can see yo ass doing it"

"He say that now but watch when she have that lil nigga. He gone be cryin and shit" shy started talking and I shook my head

"Just cause yo ass cried don't mean ima cry"

"I ain lyin.. you know y'all lightskin niggas emotional"