Chapter 1

It was a bright and sunny Tuesday afternoon and the streets of Vancouver bustled with activity as the birds swept by sharing their happy tunes. The year is 2002.
In a slightly calmer area of the city, two buddies walked down the sidewalk towards the tennis court.
One was rather tall with black hair and the other, just a bit shorter, had dark brown hair. They seemed to be in their early twenties.
As they walked and talked about their long and stressful day at the university, the sun slowly began to set, covering the tennis court in a golden light.
As they approached the entrance, the tall one with black hair whose name was Henry asked his friend Michael, "Let's practice our swinging skills, shall we?"
"OK. I'll do my best." Replied Michael. "And don't swing like a crazy man this time. Got it?" Michael gave a small nervous chuckle at this. "Okay", he said.
Once they entered the tennis court, they sat down their belongings on a bench and began to stretch and warm up a bit before practice.
"Ah!" Michael exclaimed tripping over his untied shoelace. He'd been in such a hurry earlier that he hadn't noticed it.
"Be careful," Henry chuckled as he grabbed his tennis racket and headed towards the center of the tennis court.
Michael nodded and grabbed his tennis racket as well.
All was going well, until Michael missed a ball... And another one... And... another...
Michael grew frustrated and swung his tennis racket like a madman. "Hey what did I tell you!?" Henry yelled out to Michael. "To not swing the racket like a crazy man. Yes, I know." Michael responded with a sigh.
Michael just seemed to be good at everything without even trying and then there he was, always clumsy or running late. Henry remembered the day that they first met back in kindergarten during a small snack break. The year was 1984.
Henry was new to the school and had immediately caught the other students's attention.
He seemed to be very calm and laidback.
Michael finally decided to approach him, "Do you want to play hopscotch with me later at recess?" He asked him.
"No he can't! He's playing ball with us!" "No he's not, he's joining us on the swings!" As the other children argued, Henry smiled at Michael and said, "Sure".
And that was the beginning of a brand new friendship.