Amorntentia

Word count: 1184

Narrators POV

     The next day Harry walked in to potions and sat next to Malfoy. He looked distracted. Harry couldn't think of a reason why he wouldn't be focused, but he decided he'd try to find out. Harry put down his text book and scooted his chair in. "Heard we're making Amortentia today. What do you think you'll smell?" Harry asked as he straightened his things on the desk without looking up. Draco shook his head. "Uh probably flowers or something I don't know. What about you?" Draco turned away from him. "I don't know. I'm looking forward to making it so I can answer some personal questions." Harry responded, trying to get emotions out of him. "What type of questions?" Draco turned as Harry peaked his interest. "Personal questions." He smirked and watched Draco's reaction. Draco huffed. "Whatever Potter."

Draco's thoughts
     What kind of personal questions could he possibly need answers too by using a love potion? Is he trying to figure out a crush? Maybe so. Gah, I wish I could just tell him how I feel. I never will though. If it got out that I was- .. That I sometimes likes boys then my entire future could be at risk. Yes, I will not tell him. I will keep these feelings for me, my future, and my family.

Harry's thoughts
     What is up with him today? He's not being the asshole he usually is. He's being much.. calmer. More submissive and less aggressive. I wish I could tell what he was thinking in his head. He hasn't even called me a dumb name yet. Except potter. Merlin, I love it when he calls me that. Whatever. He's not my problem I don't care.

Narrators POV

     Snape soon walked in and told everyone to open to page 322. Draco was right, they were making Amortentia today. After they finished reading and Snape let them work, Harry turned to Draco. "I'll get the materials if you'd like?" Draco didn't look up from the book. "Do what you want, Potter. I'm not your boyfriend." He teased at Harry. He rolled his eyes and got the materials. Harry set them down and Malfoy starting measuring the right amount. They had to stand close since they were working together. A few times Draco's hand would brush Harry's back and it seemed like it stayed there a few seconds too long, but Harry enjoyed it.

     They were the first ones to complete their potion. Snape walked over and looked down at the cauldron. "Well done you two. You make a adequate team." Harry blushed light pink and thanked him. Draco rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Mr. Malfoy you test it first." Snape ordered. "Fine." Draco bent down over the dented black cauldron and took a whiff. He looked at the pot confused and he hesitated his answer. "It smells like, broomsticks and vanilla." Draco looked at the floor and avoided Harry's gaze. Snape looked down at him. "Interesting. Mr. Potter your turn." Harry nodded and bent over the big black pot. He took a big whiff and instantly turned bright pink. He hesitated and responded "P..peppermint and" He glanced at Draco. "Apples..." Draco looked at Harry confused. "Hm. Well done you two."

     They were just silently reading since the rest of the class hadn't finished their potions yet. Harry couldn't get out of his mind that he smelled what Draco smelt like. He didn't want to have smelled him. He wanted to smell the Ravenclaw girl he supposedly liked. Harry caught Draco looking at him. "What do you want Draco." He assumed he was messing with him. "Oh erm." He stuttered over his words. "I- nothing that concerns you." Harry shook his head and went back to reading his book. Draco kept getting distracted from his book. "I'm sorry Harry-" He paused then and blushed light pink. "POTTER! But did you say you smelled peppermint and apples?" They both blushed lightly. "I did. Why do you ask?" Harry answered a few seconds after. "Nothing just.. curious." Draco replied quickly. They both returned to reading their books, but neither of them could focus.

     Shortly after everyone finished their potions the period ended and they left to go to their next class with Hagrid. Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked together. "So, I saw you were being friendly with Draco? What in the world was that about?" Hermione asked. Ron answered for him. "He's obviously getting closer to him so he can get revenge. Right Harry?" Harry sighed and looked at his feet while he walked. "Yeah that's right Ron." Hermione smiled. "That's a smart plan Harry. You can attack him from the inside." Ron and Hermione both chuckled. "I'm gonna walk ahead. I have to talk to Hagrid about a 88% he gave me. I definitely deserve at least a 93!" She sped up, running to Hagrids. Ron tried talking to Harry one on one, but all of Harry's responses were below dry and Ron knew something was upsetting his friend. "Is something bothering you Harry?" Ron asked worried. "I'm fine Ron." He said without looking up. "Harry I can tell when something's bothering you. What's up?" He asked again. "I... I can't tell you." Harry wanted to tell him but he knew he shouldn't. "Harry if you tell me what's wrong I'll.. Ill help you with your homework." Harry chuckled. "I've seen your scores, I'm good." Ron frowned. "What if.. what if I tell Hermione how I feel about her? Would you tell me then..?" Harry looked up, he had been trying to get Ron to do that since their second year here. "You really want to know that bad?" Ron nodded vigorously. "Fine." Harry pulled Ron into a less crowded spot. "I'm.." He fidgeted with his hands, his throat getting dry. "I think I might.. not fancy women.." Ron looked up at him and scratched his neck feeling flustered. "Harry trust me, I've thought about us too but, I don't like you like that I'm sorry-" Harry cut him off by flicking him in the ear and looked at him like Ron was the stupidest person alive. "No Ron! I don't like you! I think I might..." He had never admitted it out loud before so it took a second for him to collect himself. "I might like Malfoy." Harry didn't look into Ron's eyes. Ron's jaw dropped and he widened his eyes. "Bloody hell.." He sighed in relief. "Harry why didn't you tell me sooner?" Harry looked up. "I don't know.. I didn't want to change things? Please don't tell Hermione." Ron shook his head. "I promise I won't! You have to tell her yourself." Harry nodded. They continued walking. "So I'm guessing you smelled Draco's dumb cologne in the potion today?" Harry nodded. "Must've been awkward since you were working with him." Harry nodded again. "Weird thing is he smelled broomsticks and vanilla. That's not very feminine is it?" Ron shook his head and then looked up like he realized something. "Harry you dunce!! That's what you smell like!"

๑๑๑