Flustered, Potter?

Word count: 1261

Narrators POV

It was finally the day of the Yule ball. Draco and Harry hadn't talked the entire week, Draco even stopped his teasing. He considered asking Draco to the ball, but decided against it quickly since he thought he hated him. Ron on the other hand planned on asking Hermione as soon as she returned from her study session with Ginny. Harry was sitting next to him on the couch while Ron was fidgeting with his hands. "Don't worry Ron I guarantee you she'll say yes." Harry said trying to be nice. "Thanks. If you don't mind could we talk about something else? My nerves are just through the roof, mate." Harry nodded. "What do you want to talk about?" Ron hesitated and then smiled. "What about Draco?" He asked curiously. "W-what? What about him?" Ron laughed. "I don't know how about... why do you like him? He's a huge arse after all." Harry chuckled softly. "I guess I've..." He ran his hands through his hair. "I guess I've just liked him ever since I met him on our first day here?" Ron looked shocked. "That long? Bloody Hell. I'm sorry you've had to keep that in." Harry leaned forward and placed his elbows on his knees. "It's ok, I'm glad I can talk to you about it." Ron smiled. "If you don't mind me asking, what made you like him? I can not even fathom how you find him attractive." Ron said with a chuckle. Harry blushed a bright pink and buried his face in his hands. "Well, I think, maybe his intelligence? And he's not too hard on the eyes I suppose.. and-" Ron cut him off. "Oh stop I'm gonna be sick." Harry laughed and punched his arm playfully.

~~~

A half hour later Hermione returned from her study session and sat down with the boys. She opened her book and began reading. Harry got up and made a excuse for himself. "I'll be right back I have to use the uh restroom." Hermione nodded and kept her head in her book. Before Harry left he gave a subtle thumbs up to Ron. Ron sighed nervously. "So, Hermione uh.. do you have a date to the ball?" Ron asked as he kept looking at his shoes. "No, not yet. And I don't understand why." She looked up. "I seem like a nice girl. Ron would you take me to the dance if you were a boy?" She asked curiously. "If I was a boy?" Ron asked defensively. "No not like that I mean.. if you saw me as more than a friend?" Ron glanced up at her. "That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. Hermione would you uh.. maybe? Erm-" Hermione looked confused and smiled. "Come on spit it out, Ron." Ron sighed and recollected himself. "Maybe want to go to the dance with me?" Ron asked and then looked into her eyes. She blushed a very light shade of pink. "Do you mean as.. friends?" She asked flustered. "No.. as a date?" She now turned a bright pink. "Uhm.. well.. yes. Yes I would." She looked back down at her book and held in her excitement. Ron smiled brightly and laid back on the couch. "Ok cool." He tried to act unsurprised by her answer, but you could see his excitement from a mile away.

~~~

Harry and Ron got ready for the ball together. Harry let Ron borrow some of his formal clothes since what Ron's mother sent him was atrocious. They both stood next to each other and looked in the mirror. "Wow we look.." Harry stared into their reflection. "Good" Ron finished his statement. They both complimented each other before they started for the ball. Harry waited with Ron for his date since Harry was going alone. "Hey I'm sorry you don't have a date, mate." Ron said sadly. "Don't worry Ron it's ok. I'd rather go alone." Harry replied trying to seem excited for the dance. " Well why didn't-" Ron cut off his own sentence as soon as he saw Hermione in her beautiful outfit.

Harry and Ron both gasped. Hermione walked down the steps and grabbed Rons arm. She blushed and looked down. "I look ridiculous don't I?" She bit her lip softly. "Are you serious? Y-You are literally the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." "Oh, shut up." They both smiled and walked into the dance together. Harry then walked inside after them, alone. He took notice of Draco at the table near the punch and avoided him. He walked to the open dining tables and sat down at one. He watched as Ron and Hermione danced, he awwed at how cute of a couple they made. After a few minutes a melancholy feeling hit him. He realized that he would probably never have something like that. He laid his head against his hand on the table and sighed. Just then a slightly tipsy Draco walked up to him.

Draco looked Harry up and down. "I need to talk to you right now." Harry sighed. "Malfoy, if you're just gonna tease me please leave me alo-" "Harry, it's important." Draco stared down at him. Harry was confused, but stood up sensing the urgency in his voice. Draco grabbed his hand firmly and pulled him through the crowd of dancers suddenly everyone stopped and Professor Mcgonagall held her wand to her neck, using the voice amplifying spell. Harry and Draco stopped in the middle of the floor. "Now is time for the annual waltz, Everyone please grab a partner or exit the dance floor." Draco and Harry tried to leave the floor but they were locked in by other couples circling them. They had no other choice then to dance together.

Draco grabbed Harry's waist with one hand and grabbed his right hand with the other, Harry did the same, but putting his other on Draco's shoulder. Harry blushed bright red trying to keep as much distance as they could between them, but Draco had other plans. If he had to dance with potter, he might as well make the most of it. He pulled Harry as close as he could and leaned next to his ear "Flustered, Potter?" Draco said in a deep voice. Harry was flabbergasted as he flushed red. They started to dance slowly. Draco took the lead and Harry felt compelled to not fight him for it. Draco and Harry stared into each other's eyes, their pupils dilating. Draco was closed enough that Harry could feel his warm breathe on his lips, it smelled like butter-beer. Harry tripped over his feet and Draco caught him, glancing at Potter's lips before looking back into Harry's soft eyes. He pulled him back up slowly and stepped closer to him, them now both continuously glancing at each other's lips. Harry felt his body become pressed against Draco's. At the end of the song they stopped and looked into each other's eyes with a sense of yearning. You could cut the tension between them with a knife. Draco started to lean in, but Harry broke the trance and looked around, noticing everyone looking at them. He then pushed Draco off of him swiftly and backed away from him. Draco stood there for a moment, obviously hurt that Potter rejected his advances. He was embarrassed. Suddenly Draco took off and ran out of the ball room in a blind panic. Harry caught his breath and took off after him. Ron and Hermione soon followed.

๑๑๑