Little Cockroach

Word count: 1092

Narrator POV

The following morning the golden trio were enjoying breakfast as Draco walked by, smirking slightly at Harry, but didn't stop walking. Hermione was confused, but assumed he was just teasing him. Harry blushed a light pink and looked back down at his plate of toast, Ron snickered at this. Hermione didn't notice because she had her head in her book. "I'm assuming things went well last night?" Ron half whispered to harry. Harry looked down at his plate and nodded, Ron chuckled. Hermione then looked up. "What are you laughing at?" Ron and Harry sat up. "N-nothing!" They both responded in unison. Hermione shook her head and went back to reading. The rest of breakfast the secret couple kept accidentally making eye contact which only made the two blush brighter.

~~~

     After breakfast the trio went their separate ways, Ron and Hermione heading off to their first class they shared. They walked in comfortable silence for a minute as they held hands. Hermione suddenly spoke up. "Ron, do you know what's going on with Draco and Harry?" She asked. Ron avoided eye contact, looking at the walls of the corridor. He tried to not look her in the eye or else he felt he would spill Harry's secret. "I think Draco's just been teasing Harry more, that's all." Ron lied.  "Oh, I thought Harry was going to "become his friend"." Hermione quoted the last 3 words with her fingers. "Uhm.. I guess his plan fell through?" Ron tried to sound like he didn't know anything about their relationship, and even though he wasn't that convincing, Hermione trusted him. Although she thought Draco did something worse then tease Harry, something that seriously harmed him. She decided not to push it any further. "I swear next time I see Malfoy.." She mumbled under her breath. "What?" Ron said, but Hermione didn't respond as they walked into their next class.

~~~

     The rest of the day was uneventful. Harry spent all of history of magic thinking about Draco, Draco spent all of potions thinking about Harry, and Ron and Hermione snogged during lunch.

While they, Harry, Ron, and Hermione that is, were walking around the campus Harry decided that he'd tell Hermione about him and Draco after dinner, but while they were walking down to Hagrid's for some afternoon chit chat, Draco and his friends, Crabbe and Goyle, were sitting by some rocks near the path. Harry smiled to him and he smiled back without Hermione or Ron seeing. As they walked past, trying to ignore them, Hermione heard Draco mumble something about "mudbloods" to his friends and she pulled out her wand and whipped around. "You, you fowl loathsome evil little cockroach!" She had finally had enough of Draco's shit. She started walking towards him swiftly until her wand was on his neck. Crabbe and Goyle ran off as Draco whimpered. Harry and Ron ran up behind her, but both were too scared to stop her. "Hermione no!!" Ron yelled as he looked over at Harry who was breathing heavily and making fearful eye contact with Draco. "It's not worth it!" Hermione looked over at him. She hesitated, but she put down her wand to her side and turned away from him. Draco snickered softly out of relief. Hermione then whipped around and punched Draco in the nose. "No!" Harry shouted and then ran over to help Draco. He held him up since Draco was slouching towards the ground. "Bloody Hell.." Ron mumbled as he rubbed the bridge of his nose with his fingers. "Harry, what are you doing?" Hermione asked confused. She didn't understand why Harry was helping a Malfoy. "I'm helping him because you punched him in the bloody face!" Harry shouted as he started wiping he blood off Draco's face with his sleeve. "Harry, you don't have to help me." Draco said, but didn't push him away. Hermione now looked visibly confused as to why Harry was helping him and why Malfoy called him Harry. She looked over at Ron. "What's going on?" She asked aggressively though her teeth. Ron looked over at Harry, who was still wiping the blood, and back over at her. "The truth is.." he gulped and looked back over at Harry. "Oh Merlin's beard Ron! Draco is my fucking boyfriend!" He shouted at her and went back to helping him. Hermione looked shocked and looked back over at Ron, who was staring at his shoes. Draco blushed a bright pink, but Harry couldn't tell since his face was already red from the punch. "I'm.. sorry." She ran over to them and whispered a spell that fixed his nose. Not painlessly, but it did the trick. Draco picked up and brushed himself off. "Er.. thanks." He said quietly to Hermione. "No need to thank me." She said as she looked down. Harry sighed. "We should talk."

     They sat under a garden gazebo. No one else was around due to it being almost dinner time. Draco and Harry were holding hands. "So, you've liked Draco since our first year?" Harry nodded. "And you just realized you liked Harry when you guys were first paired up in potions?" Draco nodded. "And Harry told you and you didn't tell me?" Hermione crossed her arms, looking annoyed at Ron. "I.. well.." Harry interjected. "I told him not to tell you.. I wanted to tell you myself." He sighed. "I was actually going to tell you tonight after dinner." Draco looked up at them. "Please don't.. you know tell anyone. I want to wait for a little bit." Draco said as Harry bit his lip softly. "I promise I won't say anything." She looked to Harry. "Harry, you should've told me. I wouldn't have judged you, I just want you to be happy." She smiled. "I know. I was just worried this would change things." He looked at Draco. "This doesn't change anything Harry, except that Draco is going to be nicer to us." She looked at him. He smiled sheepishly. "I am going to be nicer. And for your information, I wasn't saying anything about mud- Muggle-borns. I said they weren't as bad as they seem." Hermione looked down and thought for a moment. She then looked back up. "You still shouldn't call us mudbloods." she huffed. "I'll try harder to stop." He gave a small smile. Ron, who had been quiet for most of the time,  spoke up. "Not to ruin this sentimental moment, but dinner is in 5 minutes and I'm bloody hungry."

๑๑๑