3.

Excuse the mistakes, not edited

Camille Sinclair

"Eléna say, Aunty Cam," I coached my niece as Yasmine prepared for us to see our mama.

She only screamed and clapped her hands. Such a happy baby.

"You over here torturing my baby?," Yas said putting on earrings.

"Girl shut up and you know mama gone say something about your hoops."

"Can, I'm grown," she frowned picking up Eléna.

Shrugging, I walked out as she locked up. We all got in my car heading to our mama house.

Yas and I got two different daddies, but they dipped before they could ever see the first ultrasound so, it's always been just mama.

Which we both grateful. I mean, mama rough but I know she means well. But, Yas thinks different.

"Nana!," Eléna yelled as we arrived to the house.

I rolled my eyes, "but you can't say my name?"

Getting out, we approached the door. About to know the door flung open.

"Yas, Cam," Will, my mamas butler greeted.

"Hey, Will. New haircut? I like it," I complimented.

"Mama!," Yas yelled.

"Child, why you acting ghetto in my house?" My mama questioned, coming out the kitchen.

I smelled something delicious cooking and it made my mouth water.

"Hey, Mama. Bye Mama," I kissed her cheek going into the kitchen.

"You better not dig in my pots, Camille," she warned.

Waving her off, I went into the kitchen to see that she was making some greens, mash potatoes and smothered pork chops. Getting a fork I was about to eat some greens until she called my name.

Groaning, I put the greens back and came into the living room.

"I just don't get how you turned out to be so ghetto. That's from your daddy cause—,"

"Mama cause what? I got my own place, I have my own job, I take care of my daughter by myself. What more?"

"That's all you plan on doing the rest of your life? I told you, you need to go to school. But you decided to run behind some thug—,"

"Looks like the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree."

"No, Yasmine. I got my education. I made something of myself while I had you and your sister! I put my foot down. Have you?"

Looking between the two I rolled my eyes. They always did this whenever we came over here. It was ridiculous.

Yas looked frustrated but stopped the conversation while she played with Eléna.