The Storm: Part 2

Y/N's POV
I bent an air bubble around my head so I could breathe, but I couldn't see anything- it was dark and cold.

I bent myself further from the boat before pulling my head above the waves and screaming,

"IROH!?"

But the only response I received was the roar of thunder.

My heart was pounding, I turned my head and scanned the surface of the water as the lightning gave me a split second to see, but he wasn't there.

I dove back down and bent myself elsewhere, fighting against the current.

When I pulled myself back up again I screamed out once again,

"IROH!? IROH!?"

But he didn't respond.

No... no. I've lost him... I've lost Iroh...

The rain bucketed down over my head as I wiped my eyes, squinting them and trying to make out where he might be.

I couldn't see the ships anymore, but then again, I couldn't even see my own hands in this darkness.

I cried out as my tears joined the salt water soaking into my skin,

"IROH!?"

My heart physically hurt as I came to the realisation that I wasn't going to find him.

But still I turned around and screamed out:

"IROH!?"

But he didn't respond.

The waves violently crashed back into the sea and the roar thunder filled the skies.

My body was shaking, but not because I was cold- I was scared, I had never been so scared in my entire life.

I couldn't find him.

I couldn't find Iroh.

"IROH!?"

"GENERAL IROH!?"

"IROH!?"

"IROH!?"

"PRINCE IROH!?"

"PLEASE, ANSWER ME!"

"MY LOVE!?"

I felt my voice crack as a continued to scream.

"IROH!? PLEASE!"

But again, the only response was the sound of thunder mocking me.

I laid my head back and floated as the waves folded over me again and again, constantly choking up the salty water.

What am I supposed to do now?

I was stuck at sea, at night, in a storm, I've instructed everyone on board our ships to go below deck and Iroh is missing.

No, I can't give up. 

"IROH!?"

No response.

I took a deep breath and dove below water before shooting myself in another direction and pulling myself back above the waves.