The Equalists: Part 2

Iroh's POV
Asami's father smirked as he eyed me, "that's right, General. I intercepted your message to Commander Bumi. I know exactly where they're hiding."

I felt my eyebrows furrow as I clenched my jaw.  He walked off chuckling to himself, in a rather sadistic way as I screamed after him. "Stop! I'll kill you! Do you hear me!?"

But nothing I could say would stop this.

There was a moment of awkward silence between us all, before Asami leaned forward and asked, "How are we gonna get out of here?"

I asked, hopefully, "I don't suppose you know how to metal bend?"

Bolin turned his head to almost face me, "that is a negative, sir."

I looked around the cell, but the equalists weren't stupid, there was no easy way out of this without a metal bender.

Asami's hands were tied behind her back, and I was tied to Bolin- I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to think of anything I could.

I couldn't let them get to them, to her.

"Asami! Do you think you could try to untie Bolin and I?"

I don't know exactly what I'd do once I was untied, but it was a start.

She shuffled over to us and tried to grab onto our ropes, but they were too far from the ground.

I yelled out in frustration, "okay, well, agh! This is ridiculous! I should've seen that coming!"

Bolin sighed, "don't get yourself too worked up about it, we'll get out of here, we just have to wait for someone to come back."

"And then?"

"And then one of us can come up with a plan."

I groaned.

Bolin tried to console me, "don't worry about Commander Bumi, you said it yourself, he has some of the most talented soldiers you know."

"Yes, but they're supposed to be safe. They're not prepared for an attack, and-"

I was interrupted by a loud crash as the door burst open, and from behind it, an equalist appeared.

We watched them attentively, as they looked around the room for something, it was unclear what they wanted, but they stopped after a few moments and appeared to be coming over to our cell.

They stood by the bars folding their arms, almost mockingly. I turned my head away before they pulled their mask off and I heard a familiar laugh, "well, well, General, it would seem that you've gotten yourself into a bit of a tight spot."

Bolin nudged at me muttered, "Umm... how do you know the equalist?"

A grin spread across my face as I chuckled, "that's not an equalist, that's my wife."