Letters from the past

Hermione loved France.

The weather, the culture, the fashion the BOOKS!

But most of all, she loved when the sun would peak in through the open windows in her room and fall onto her and her beautiful wife's faces. She would always awake with the sun, and with her head on Pansy Parkinson's chest. She savoured mornings like that.

But today was different.

Instead of the sun waking her wife and herself it was a chestnut barn owl who screeched as if it had been though war itself (which both girls knew from previous experience.)

"Merlin above, what the hell is that" Pansy said.

The raven haired girl rubbed her eyes and leant on her elbows as Hermione slipped out of bed, wearing her favourite baby blue silk slip and shorts that Pansy had designed a mere week ago and Hermione adored more than anything in her wife's clothing line.

"It's a letter." Hermione said, talking in a quiet voice attempting to calm the bird down slightly so she could take the letter that was attached to his leg.

Pansy's brow furrowed. They never get letters. They had been very secretive about where they had all runaway to so no one would be able to get in contact with any of them. The only letters they ever received were from Luna and Neville.

Hermione had managed to calm down the frantic owl and the bird soon took off shortly after Hermione removed the letter from its companion. Thats odd, it wasn't Draco and Harry's seal it was...The Hogwarts seal?

"Is that..." Hermione drew in a breath as Pansy raced out of bed, standing behind Hermione in the blink of an eye. She put her hands on her wife's shoulders nuzzling her face into her neck to keep Hermione grounded from the memories that were most likely racing through her mind.

"It's ok, let's just see what it's about" Pansy whispered into Hermione's neck and felt her nod slightly, not speaking.

Hermione slowly slid her perfectly manicured nails under the slip of the envelope letting the crest pop off. Both girls held their breath as Hermione drew the letter from Its paper prison. She unfolded the letter and both pairs of eyes fluttered over the letter with apprehension.

Dear Hermione Granger-Parkinson and Pansy Granger-Parkinson,

I'm writing to you both in the hopes you join your fellow classmates and myself at this years reunion (since you have missed the last 7). I'm sure your wondering how I found your location after so many years, I applaud you both for your efforts but as Hogwarts's headmistress I'll have you know that nothing escapes my gaze.

Especially when my four best students disappear off the face of the earth! For a very long time I had no idea where to even look for you two and the two Mr Malfoy's but eventually I figured it out.

I'd like to congratulate Pansy on her incredibly successful clothing line, (Mrs Hooch wears the pieces every day, although until now she had no idea you were the designer). And Hermione dear, your work along side Draco Malfoy-Potter is admirable. When I first heard of the company la femme des serpents I was visiting for a staff retreat but darling that hotel is wonderful (along side the many others that I have not had the pleasure of seeing).

This years reunion is being run by miss Ginerva Weasly and I knew she hasn't been trying to invite any of you these past 7 years so I took it upon myself to invite you to this one. That girl shouldn't be allowed near the guest list.

I do hope the four of you decide to return this year, I would absolutely love to talk about the wonderful lives you have all lead these years I have not been in contact with you. I look forward to seeing you.