The Fire Still Burns

It was perfect... so quinely perfect. I was walking down a smooth dirt path down a forest. It was a warm summery seen.  Lush woods surrounded me on both sides of the path the sun just peaking through. Beautiful birds sat perched on branches and butterflies fluttered their little wings all around me.

                   Yet it was so... unreal. It was faded almost like a dream and every breath, every STEP echoed on and on, but it felt contained.. like I was in a small room.

                   To be honest, I don't know much about what was going on. I just looked forward and walked in a trance for miles and miles and miles. I could just barely see I was in a flowy dress that went to my knees.

                   Then I turned to the side and I froze. I couldn't move... I couldn't look back. I was facing a small neighborhood, the image was clearer.. but instead of a summer scence it was fall with leaves blowing wildly. My red brown hair whipped at my face.

                  I couldn't see the street sign but I heard a whisper.. " MEADOW LANE" and it echoed endlessly. Suddenly a little girl with blonde hair and green eyes appeared in front of me. Startled I screamed and the echoe was even longer. I couldn't reach out to her world I was still frozen.

                My vision literally changed to only black and white. I stared for a seemingly endless time then.. FLASH! My vision was back, the girl screamed, I heard weird growling noises. Blood was now dripping down the girl and their were scratch marks all down her neck.. then she set on fire right before my eyes. Screams and growls filled the air and I couldn't stand.

                To my surprise in an insta second I was back a the start of the trail.. I lost most of my memory from my last encounter. But wait I thought... I have been repeating this same exact experience for..

                 I gasped and woke up in a hospital bed. My Mom stood over me and crying a river. I cried too because I didn't know who I was or where I was or anything for that matter. When we were both done crying she finally spoke up.

                " When I got the call from the doctor that you were becoming concouis again I rushed over here and...." She cried again.

                 Then I realized I was Aria Wisty.. " How long have I been... asleep?"

                 My Mom was choking on tears now... " Since you were 7... you are 13 now."