CHAPTER 27

***

GRAY

Layne's apartment was swarmed with police,looking for clues as to where she was. When I got here I found Eddie bleeding out by the front door and Layne was gone. By the looks of her apartment there was a struggle, she put up a fight.He's finally got to her and he's taken her God knows where to do God knows what.

Officer Roberts placed a hand on my shoulder."Are you okay?"

"No,No I'm not okay!!"I answered, my hands were braced on the kitchen island as I looked down.
"I need to find her..I need her to be okay."

"We'll find her..My team are on it."

It wasn't good enough, it's been an hour and they still haven't found her.
I shouldn't have left her alone, I should have just stayed with her.

I looked at Officer Roberts."Layne is Pregnant."

"I have everyone on this,Gray. We'll catch him."

"But will you catch him in time."We both know the longer they take the more harm will come to her.
A freak with an Obsession..He could be doing anything to her.

I looked at the bottle of salt that had spilled on the kitchen worktop, it must have happened during the attack. When I focused on it more it started to come together. It was a clue.

"The salt..There's a message."I walked around the island and looked down at it. It looked like a mess but when I studied it more I could make out two letters.

M D..

Officer Roberts walked towards me."What is it, Gray?"

"M D,Layne was trying to leave us a clue so we would know who took her."
I looked at Officer Roberts."Obviously it's someone she knows."

"M D, And Idea who that could be?"

I stood in thought for a few moments bracing my hands flat on the worktop and looking down at the salt.
"Her friend Markus, I don't know his second name.
It can't be him, I've had my suspicions about him before but they're both just so close."

"You'd be surprised what some people could do to the people closest to them.
I'll get an address on him and we can check his apartment."

***

LAYNE

When I came to i didn't know where I was, in a fright I tried to move but I couldn't.
My hands were handcuffed to the back of the dinning room chair that I was sitting on.

I looked around the home from my place in the middle of the living room floor. I had a view the of kitchen in front of me and the stairs to my left.
Everything was dirty and full of cobwebs like it had been abandoned years ago.
What caught my attention the most and sent shivers down my spine was the pictures of me that covered the living room walls.

"Oh My God!!"I gasped,pulling harder on my restraints.

"Do you like them?"Markus asked, as she stood halfway down the stairs.
"It's a collection that I've been building on over the years, pictures of you from every angle."