Unexpected Plans

:TW-mention of rape:

I've been working at the FBI for a few weeks now. The case I opened up, has been put on the back burner for now. We haven't seen any new murders to investigate, though, I've been constantly researching on my case. I just hope this team doesn't think I'm a lost cause, a waste of time.

JJ has returned and I've had the pleasure of meeting Penelope Garcia.

Lately we've been tackling other murders. We just got back from Boston. Serial killer case, a guy in his 40's was kidnapping women and locking them in a storage unit. He killed them after three days. That scene was horrifying.

I'm sitting at my desk, typing up the report for the serial killer case we just solved. The images keep flashing in my mind, making me cringe.

I hear a tapping sound and I break away from my thoughts, looking over to my left I see Spencer tapping on my plastic Starbucks Frappuccino cup.

"Do you need something?" I ask, looking at Spencer.

"You know, plastic is really bad for the environment." He picks up my Frappuccino and looks it over. "Chlorinated plastic can release harmful chemicals into the surrounding soil, which can then seep into groundwater or other surrounding water sources and also the ecosystem of the world."

I reach my hand out and lightly grab the cup from him. My fingers, lightly touching his, he pulls away.

"Thank you, for the lesson on plastic, Spencer. I'm sure that's not why you came over here though." I tilt my head.

"Uh, no, it isn't. I actually came over here to see if you wanted to go out tonight-uh, not with me-well, I will be there too, of course." He laughs nervously. "There's a bar we like to frequent. And we haven't all properly gone out with you part of the team yet."

"Oh, that sounds like fun. Yeah, I would love to go." I smile.

"Awesome. We can drive together. I can drive us, since I know where it is."

"Yeah, that sounds great, Spencer." I smile.

Spencer smiles and walks away to go sit back down at his desk.

"Hey, is she going?" Derek walks into the bullpen from the break room.

"Yeah, she's in." I hear Spencer say from behind me.

A few hours go by and I'm finally finished with my report. I send it to the printer and get up walking to the back of the room to retrieve my report.

I pick up the papers and head to Aaron's office. I lightly knock on the door.

"Come in." I hear him say.

I open the door and walk in. "My report is finished, sir." He smiles slightly and I tilt my head.