Crime Scene

I stare at the lifeless body in front of me. Dark hair, green eyes, slumped against the wall. Dried blood on her wrists. Those cuts are deep. Her once olive skin is lightened from death.
I walk around to the other side of the bed looking around.

"Poor girl." JJ says bending down next to the body.

Spencer heads into the bathroom to search while Aaron and Derek are talking to a police chief outside the room.

"Hey guys. I found something." I bend down and pick up a small button. "Looks like she fought back."

Spencer emerges from the bathroom and looks at me. "Wouldn't they all technically fight back?" he asks.

"Not exactly." I say, he lowers his eyes at me.

"Since he's been raping them, it's shown in their blood that they have been drugged, raped then killed. She fought back, which means she wasn't drugged. Which means she trusted this guy. And when he turned on her she began to fight back. Boyfriend."

"Okay. We need to ID her, find anyone that she knows that we can talk to. See if anyone knew she was coming here. We need to see if the boyfriend fits the profile." JJ says.

"Good work, Agent." Spencer says to me.

I nod as he and JJ leave the hotel room. I walk around back over to the body and look at her before leaving the hotel room.

"We should get back to the hotel, while the medic lab runs the results to ID her. Then from there we'll do questioning." Aaron says.

Spencer and I ride in the same car back to the hotel. Spencer is gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"You know," I say, watching the steering wheel. "I think this murder wasn't planned."

He quickly glances at me and then back at the road.

"How do you mean?" He asks in a flat tone.

"I don't think he actually wanted to kill her at first. I think they were at the hotel to be alone. Obviously she wasn't drugged, she was able to fight back. I don't think he raped her. He did this one differently because it's his last one." Spencer parks the car and we get out. I quickly walk around to the other side to meet him. "he wasn't prepared, something happened. They had to of gotten into some kind of fight after sex. He cares about her. And he had to kill her. He felt like he had no-"

"Choice. He most likely won't kill anyone anymore." Spencer interrupts me as we walk into our hotel and head for the elevator. "I bet he was planning on killing her all along. He just didn't know when. He wanted her to be his last kill."

We get into the elevator and Spencer presses our floor number button.

I breathe deep. "Or, quite the opposite. It was unplanned, he could potentially go insane and do more killings out of anger." I say.