12) Special

In minutes, I am in the girls hostel on Sriya's bed.

I have no idea what she is doing with my eyes. I just hope she doesn't poke my eyes with the brush or something.

“Only your eye makeup is done and still you look so cuteeee”, she cooes.

I don't know what to say because this is my first time listening to a real compliment. Logically, second time.

She lent me a dress, only if you can call it that. I have only seen girls wear it but I never had a thought to wear one.

It is a red frock, a sleeveless one.

It bothers me.

I feel like too much of skin is exposed and it isn't covering my legs properly.

“Just one more hour and we will be done”, she says.

One more hour.

One long hour.

Hell!!!

~~~~•~~~~

After one hour, I am exhausted. Although I didn't have to do anything, watching her run across the room gathering accessories and applying them was tedious enough.

For some reason she was staring at me with wide eyes.

Did I look like an alien?

“I bet Darshan is going to have a nosebleed after seeing you”, she says fanning herself.

Nosebleed?

From seeing me?

Why?

“You look so damn sexy... I envy you yaar!”, she exclaims.

S.. S.. Sexy?

Me?

I would rather die than look pretentious.

“Well, even I need to get ready, so wait here till I get done”, she says and allows me to sit there.

Now I understand why ladies are busy all day long while going to a party or function.

Well, this shouldn't bother me.

This is going to be my first and last party.

I rest my head on my palm and think.

About what? I don't know.

Just anything and everything.

“What are you going to do with your hair?”, she asks from the side where she is slipping into her tight, black dress which reaches her mid thigh. That looks even more scandalous than mine because that dress shapes her curves and brings them out perfectly.

However, to her question, I look dumbly at her.

Obviously I would pull them into a ponytail.

“Are you going to braid them or something? Because that's the worst thing of all you might want to do to your hair”, she says.

Why?

“Here”, she says and pats on the bed.