CHAPTER SIX.

━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━

y/n sat on the couch where miles beckoned her.

he smiled at her again and warmth bubbled up inside her - she liked it when he smiled and she wanted to make him smile more.

"the west wing."

"what?"

"your mom. she meant you can't go in the west wing, not the library. the west wing is dangerous, not the library."

"but i thought - " she noticed the way he shook his head so she cut herself off before he continued to explain,

"promise," he almost whispered.

"you know, technically we aren't even friends yet when we only just met - "

even y/n herself knew it was a lie - she'd never trusted anyone as much as she'd trusted him.

"ok," she sighed, "i promise."

this appeared to satisfy miles and he nodded, exhaling.

the two sat in silence before the pale boy silently held out his hand for her to take.

confused, she took it.

"are you showing me another room?" she smiled.

miles shrugged, maybe.

y/n let miles hold her hand. he studied her skin, caressing it in his before frowning.

he knows, spoke fear and anxiety, he knows.

y/n yanked her arm back but miles was fast.

"shh." his voice was soothing.

he swiftly pulled her wrist back, gently grabbing it, extremely careful before cocking his head as if to ask permission she didn't grant him, lifting the sleeves off her arm.

she flinched when he revealed them before seeing the kindness in his eyes.

let go, said love, he's not going to hurt you. he's not like the others, spoke manipulation, he cares for you.

and for once, for once, the girl listened to the voices.

y/n let go.